WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Deep Creek Cellars hits New York!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deep Creek Cellars hits New York!
 Login/Join 
posted
My friend, Paul Roberts, makes organically grown wines near Deep Creek Lake in the extreme western part of Maryland, where the elevation at his winery is about 2800 feet. Paul was trained at Montelena.
Here is the news.....his wines (and I guess he) will appear in New York shortly.

http://www.jennyandfrancois.co...-deep-creek-cellars/.

(I get nothing from promoting the wines...not even a sample)

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 6946 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool endeavor Irwin. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 846 | Location: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yum! Maryland wine!! Bow

Seriously, irwin. See if you can score a sampling for an offline. Would be fun. I'll gladly fund the experiment!

PH

Posts: 14650 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Yum! Maryland wine!! Bow

Seriously, irwin. See if you can score a sampling for an offline. Would be fun. I'll gladly fund the experiment!

PH

Duh...why didn't I think of that?
Let me see what I can do.

Posts: 6946 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drive right past deep creek at least once a month. Does the winery have a tasting room/shop? I would love to stop by.

Posts: 95 | Location: South Central (Pa) | Registered: Aug 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PH, notice I didn't ask for any of the vino? Wink

Posts: 846 | Location: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cometspider:
PH, notice I didn't ask for any of the vino? Wink

Big Grin

PH

Posts: 14650 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you are having fun in Vegas. You are in Vegas, true?

posted Hide Post
No such luck. End of March!

PH

posted Hide Post
Ah, stay warm then!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by worm:
I drive right past deep creek at least once a month. Does the winery have a tasting room/shop? I would love to stop by.

They have a tasting shack.
Best to call before you come.
Deep Creek Cellars. Ask for Paul.
The winery is actually a bit north of Friendsville.

posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 95 | Location: South Central (Pa) | Registered: Aug 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post