WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    French Complain About Korbel "Champagne" at Inauguration.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

French Complain About Korbel "Champagne" at Inauguration.
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:

Miller used to be the "Champagne of bottled beer" back in the 1960s.

Still is. They are selling the bottles with the old "throwback" labels at my local grocery store right now. Says "Champagne of Beers" right on the front. I put a few bottles on ice as a joke during our recent Champagne tasting. It was going to be #5 in the line-up, but oddly, nobody wanted to taste the Champagne of beers.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder why?

Get some of the Al Hirt music going and . . .

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2578 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you've got the time, we've got the beer....

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2864 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post