WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013 Classics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 Classics
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I got everything I ordered. Definitely happy to get the Fuligni's and the Hebrart. Cool

It seems to be a lot easier to get what you order these days. Fewer people ordering? LCBO buying greater quantities?

Posts: 10183 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got 4/4 of the Hebrart, 2/2 Beaucastel vv and 2/4 of the 2001 charbonniere CdP red.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2429 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3/3 on the Hebrart.

Posts: 1620 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Allocations apparently are done. I have a payment waiting to be made in VSO (of course before I actually find out what I've been allocated).

I am in the same boat. When do we find out what we actually received?

Victory loves preparation.

Posts: 277 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat. When do we find out what we actually received?[/QUOTE]

Phone them if you don't want to wait to hear.

Posts: 1948 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ABryce:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Allocations apparently are done. I have a payment waiting to be made in VSO (of course before I actually find out what I've been allocated).

I am in the same boat. When do we find out what we actually received?

You'll get an email, but VinC is right, if you phone they'll tell you.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2429 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got 2x HJP and 2x 2009 Leoville-Barton (had not ordered futures).

Missed out on the Dunn's though, I am very disappointed.

Posts: 1003 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
scored on the Hebrart, 2010 Chablis, and some Barolo and Barbaresco

Posts: 1713 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3/3 2009 Baumard Savennieres Clos du Papillon

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6619 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Payment is due this Friday (Feb 15) which seems quicker than in the past.

Posts: 1254 | Registered: Oct 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They started doing that last October. If payment is not made then they release the allocation.

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way too busy with work lately and the deadline completely slip off my mind. Didn't order anything but did get allocated a lone bottle of Hommage from a friend, a good friend... Cool

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2080 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
0/1 Leoville Poyferre

0/2 2001 charbonniere CdP

Victory loves preparation.

Posts: 277 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contrary to the information posted above, the payment deadline for your Classics order is Wednesday February 20. So relax.

On another note, I was able to pick up 2 of the 2010 Pinson Les Clos this morning. Still can't get the 08 Leoville Poyferre, but there were only 20 btls available.

And finally - for anyone wanting the 2010 Hommage a Jacques Perrin, I released 2 bottles out of my order.

Posts: 5174 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Contrary to the information posted above, the payment deadline for your Classics order is Wednesday February 20. So relax.

Then someone is giving wrong info because here's what it says in the e-mail I received:

"Below is the status of your order. Please note that a bottle quantity of zero indicates the product is sold out, and not available.

Your payment deadline is February 15, 2013.

Vous trouverez ci-dessous le statut de votre commande. Veuillez noter que le nombre « zéro » sous la mention « nombre de bouteilles » indique que les stocks de ce produit sont épuisés et qu'il n'est donc plus disponible.

La date limite pour régler votre acompte le 15 février 2013.
"

Posts: 1254 | Registered: Oct 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called as well and was told payment due Wednesday. (20)...

Posts: 13 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They just let me pay for mine now, no questions asked, so I don't think the actual deadline was Friday.

Posts: 1306 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
7/9 Roll Eyes
0/2 of the 2001 charbonniere CdP
4/4 Fuligni 2007 Brunello
3/3 2006 Marc Hebrart Brut Premier Cru Special Club Millesime Champagne

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 739 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post