WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    For my 1000th post!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For my 1000th post!
 Login/Join 
posted
Ive been hanging around this forum for many years and I feel I have gotten to know many of you. I have learned lots! So as a thanks, I wanted to do something different. Here it is..

Who ever shows up at my store on Dec. 27th I will open a perfectly stored 47 and 03 Quinta do Noval porto and have it paired with local hand made chocolate truffles and some well aged stilton. All you have to do is show up and say "Im here for the tasting" Ha! It will be fun. Not really an off-line but just a meet and greet. Im located in Southern RI. Just email me with details jk_morrison@comcast.net Cheers!

"A bottle of wine contains more advice then any self help book in the world"

Posts: 1044 | Location: Around Boston | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice touch! I'm also getting close to my 1000th post. Merry Christmas

Posts: 1153 | Location: The OC | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sade58, that's a heck of a nice gesture. congrats on 1,000!

Posts: 5565 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well played.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13669 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's to your next 1000 and may you continue to enjoy fine wine/port with extraordinary chocolate. I wish I lived closer.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5863 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well played indeed. If I was anywhere remotely close to your area I would make a point of stopping in. May you be around here many more years, sade58 Cool

Posts: 15733 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Well played indeed. If I was anywhere remotely close to your area I would make a point of stopping in. May you be around here many more years, sade58 Cool

+1 Smile

Posts: 1971 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice !

Congrats...

Thank you sir...may I have another ?

Posts: 123 | Location: Brookfield, WI | Registered: Jan 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 1,000! Wish I was closer, and hope many forumites can take advantage of your generous offer.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1998 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool thought. I hope someone takes you up on it.

Posts: 6088 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sade, congrats! I too wish I lived closer!

Do I take it from your very kind offer that you are a fellow portlover? If so, very happy to see you here, as there are now so many fewer of us than there used to be!

And needless to say, please post tasting notes on those bottles!

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10783 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Sade, congrats! I too wish I lived closer!

Do I take it from your very kind offer that you are a fellow portlover? If so, very happy to see you here, as there are now so many fewer of us than there used to be!

And needless to say, please post tasting notes on those bottles!

Smile Love port! Love vintage and some of the single vineyards. Quinta do Noval is one of my favs.

"A bottle of wine contains more advice then any self help book in the world"

Posts: 1044 | Location: Around Boston | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post