WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Dom P Oenetheque
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dom P Oenetheque
 Login/Join 
posted
Are they worth the extra price of admission?

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only had the '90 but its probably the second best bubbly I've ever had, right behind the 90 Krug. I picked up 2 3-packs +1 when it was released, halfway gone now but the last one I has was in October. Still amazing, more amazing actually, than the first two. My wife, who has a much better palate than I, was also amazed by it.

That said, I've never had the regular 90 so I have nothing to compare it to. For me however it has been a stunning wine and well worth the $$.

Posts: 2299 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are significantly better than Dom P, which I find to be a significantly overrated Champagne. I don't think they are better than several other similarly priced (and sometimes less expensive) Champagnes, however. (Billecart Grande Cuvee, Krug Vintage, PR Winston Churchill, Clos de Goisses, etc)

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7637 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ah good to know guys thanks

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can only speak to the '90 but a recent bottle was a Hall o' Famer for us. Hubby thought it was the best bottle of Champagne we've had. I thought it was worth the extra $$$ in the vintage Krug class.

Posts: 1901 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post