WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: what are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: what are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2003 Georges DuBoeuf Julienas Chateau des Poupets

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On deck for this evening with a couple from my wine group

1999 Yalumba Octavius
2004 Big Basin Mandala Syrah
2005 Carter Truchard Vyd Merlot
2006 Provenance Three Palms Merlot

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed with friends at lunch today, Riesling and a whole grilled red snapper.

2005 Keller Kirchspiel Spatlese
2005 Keller Dalsheimer Hubacker

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1999 Dominus, Napa

2003 Zeltinger Schlossberg ** Riesling Spätlese trocken "sur lie", Selbach Oster, Mosel
2001 Riesling "Palmberg" GPC, Pundel-Hoffeld, Luxemburg
2008 Chateau de Cruzeau (white), Pessac-Léognan
2002 Chablis 1er Cru "L'Homme Mort", Georges Noel (alias Durup)

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1872 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2005 Pavillon Chateau Margaux Blanc

Bro, I've never had the blanc from Ch. Margaux. How was it?

I'm a fan, and the '05 is an excellent vintage.

Their blanc is 100% S. Blanc, if that matters to you.

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Querce Bettina, BdM

Me likes.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed an excellent bottle of 2009 J-F Quenard Chignin Bergeron VV this afternoon.

Perhaps the best showing of any bottle from the case I bought on release yet.

posted Hide Post
2011 Crios Torrontes
2010 Chateau de Saint Cosme "Les Deux Albion" CDR

Posts: 2542 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first glass since my spinal fusion, over 6 weeks. 2005 Justin Isosceles. Delicious!

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justme:
My first glass since my spinal fusion, over 6 weeks. 2005 Justin Isosceles. Delicious!

justme,

I wish you well and complete recovery.

Godspeed to you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Enjoyed with friends at lunch today, Riesling and a whole grilled red snapper.

2005 Keller Kirchspiel Spatlese
2005 Keller Dalsheimer Hubacker
I've never had a Keller but always wanted to try one.

Posts: 917 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by justme:

justme,

I wish you well and complete recovery.

Godspeed to you.

Ditto. My wife had it and I know what a recovery that is!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36772 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Hobel CS
2009 O'Shaughnessy Howell Mtn. CS

Have multiples and couldn't resist- I preferred the Hobel, which I enjoyed over 4 hours. The O'Shaughnessy is showing too much oak at this stage.

Posts: 855 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Maysara Winery Pinot Noir Estate Cuvée
2009 Darioush Cab very tight as I expected
2009?? 2480 Cab nicely approachable

Posts: 2254 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Château Léoville Poyferré

Before I'm charged with infanticide, I just finished an article citing the progression of '07 Bordeaux. With a couple of these in the cellar, why not test the claim?

(3) hours of air, and this bottle was open for business. Gorgeous wine, great balance, and definitely approachable with a healthy decant. If this is what Poyferre can produce in an "off vintage," wow...

Posts: 1479 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From 375, Duval-Leroy Rose de Saignee NV. Nice little bubbly. A little toast and some berries. Soft floral nose. Lovely light salmon color.

PH

Posts: 15031 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia. Lovely after about an hour of air.

Posts: 3565 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Chateau Plince Pomerol
2000 Chateau Haut Batailly
1990 Chateau Lynch Bages

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
From 375, Duval-Leroy Rose de Saignee NV. Nice little bubbly. A little toast and some berries. Soft floral nose. Lovely light salmon color.

PH

I really wish more Champagne splits were available in my market. Frown

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6059 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night at a happening new spot in Houston called Triniti.
2010 EnRoute Pinot Noir Russian River Valley Les Pommiers

Posts: 1560 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:

I ate there this week as well. What did you think?

Did you try the tasting menu by chance, and what did you think of the art?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:

I ate there this week as well. What did you think?

Did you try the tasting menu by chance, and what did you think of the art?

W+A,

It was our first time, and we had heard good reviews. In fact we were with friends who had enjoyed it very much previously.

Formerly a drinking lounge, the space has been well converted to this upscale garden to kitchen restaurant. A bit noisy but definitely had a vibrant feel with an older crowd. We were over by the windows, so I did not appreciate much artwork. I wish that I had known - I would have paid more attention. But one very large photo print of a blindfolded knife-thrower caught my eye and was pretty entertaining!

The food, we thought, was spectacular. We ordered off the menu. Among the tasties; foie gras breakfast with sausage patty, doughnuts, quail egg over easy, cappucino mousse, and fried foie gras was ridiculously tasty. Wagyu teriyaki carpaccio. Pork collar with corn risotto and scallop, Wagyu flank steak, and the crispy duck. The food was very good, but as you well know, enhanced by good company and wine.

How was your experience?

Posts: 1560 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 St Innocent Anden Vineyard Pinot noir.

Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Donum Pinot Noir West Slope Carneros

Posts: 3636 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diatom "Harmon" 2010 Chardonnay
Behrens & Hitchcock "Ode to Picasso" Cab 2004

Posts: 913 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post