WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: what are you drinking?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: what are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
2005 Gramona Cava III Lustros Gran Reserva

Does it live up to the hype? As good as a top notch blanc de blancs? What do you suggest as a drinking window? I have a few bottles of this. TIA.

"You can never get enough of what you don't really need to make you happy." -- Eric Hoffer

Posts: 1085 | Location: San Diego CA | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Match Baconbrook

Posts: 5566 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
1983 Warre's

How was it? Thinking of opening one in two years for my 30th.

I don't drink much port, but I thought this was great. A touch spirity on the backend, but overall, very enjoyable with lots of complexity. If I had to rate, I'd probably put it in the 91-92ish range.

Posts: 1243 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Javachip:
quote:

Does it live up to the hype? As good as a top notch blanc de blancs? What do you suggest as a drinking window? I have a few bottles of this. TIA.

Based on this bottle, I thought it is good but not at par with the hype. It was missing the elegance and finish I expect from a top not BdB.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Scott Paul Cellars Pinot Noir Les Gourmandises

Posts: 3549 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still revisiting some of the 40 or so bottles remaining from the 100+ that Allred opened last Saturday night.

A few that I didn't hit on Saturday that are still drinking really well:

2008 Francois Villard Condrieu De Poncins
2005 Patz & Hall Chardonnay Dutton Ranch

Still many to go...

Posts: 3440 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang - I didn't see the Condrieu! Smack

Posts: 5151 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Dang - I didn't see the Condrieu! Smack

That explains why there's some left. Big Grin

But seriously, that's the "problem" when you have over 100 bottles to choose from. Nice problem to have though.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Baron De Ley Rioja

posted Hide Post
2005 Gemma Giblin Barolo with Pesto Genovese

Posts: 1604 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2001 Baron De Ley Rioja
Your opinion, svp?

Posts: 1657 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Pierre Amadieu Vacqueyras La Grangeliére
A very satisfying wine for 20 bones.

Posts: 1657 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the ticket for a birthday celebration

2005 Louis Roederer Blanc de Blancs
2008 Leflaive Macon-Verze
2008 Domaine de Pegau Cdp Reservee
2009 Dunham Cellars Riesling Late Harvest Lewis Estate Vineyard

Then hopefully off to a nice bar for some sipping liquors and snacks.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2930 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles- a real winner!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs Val Vilaine

Posts: 1210 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Ferrer Bobet Priorat Old Vines. Buy this if you can find it. Carignane, Grenache and Syrah.

Posts: 9281 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Paul Hobbs Pinot Noir Russian River Valley.

Posts: 9281 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
quote:
2001 Baron De Ley Rioja
Your opinion, svp?

Unfortunately, it was a little marred by the new oak treatment, however, with a bit of air time, it rounded out nicely. It's not something I'd buy by the caseload, but it was good to try. I recommend giving it a go if you have a reasonable oak tolerance as there is lots to like if you do.

Also had a 2005 Giorgio Pelissero Langhe Long Now tonight with Dave Canada.

posted Hide Post
2009 Luca Laborde Double Select Syrah

"Believe me, you can count on Slippery Pete" - Kramer

Posts: 1409 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jun 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Javachip:
quote:

Based on this bottle, I thought it is good but not at par with the hype. It was missing the elegance and finish I expect from a top not BdB.

Good to know, thanks. I picked up a bottle based on the hype, but haven't popped it yet.

The other night

2011 Salmon Run, Riesling
2009 Lamoreaux Landing, Gewurztraminer
2007 Fonseca, VP

Posts: 9679 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Produttori Barbaresco

Posts: 1270 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Pavillon Chateau Margaux Blanc

Posts: 29586 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2005 Pavillon Chateau Margaux Blanc

Bro, I've never had the blanc from Ch. Margaux. How was it?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5437 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also had a 2005 Giorgio Pelissero Langhe Long Now tonight with Dave Canada.[/QUOTE]

How was the 05 Langhe Long Now? This one caught my eye a couple of times in classics but I haven't tried one.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Freeman-Akiko's Pinot

Posts: 3549 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post