WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: what are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: what are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2008 Domaine Aliane Vieilles Vignes Meursault
2005 Brancaia Il Blu

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, please copy me on the emails of those old bottles.

Just another Saturday night for the KW crew... Big Grin

Posts: 1863 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
1998 Le Bon Pasteur

How was this drinking? One of the bottles I'm bringing to a wine group dinner next month.

It was drinking beautifully. Medium body, Nice and round tannins, balanced. However, my friend who opened 05 Le Bon the night before prefers the 05 than the 98.

Thanks for the report. I'm bringing this and a 2000 Clerc Milon.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2751 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:

No problem Ross,
I'll fire the photos off this afternoon

Posts: 1134 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:
quote:

No problem Ross,
I'll fire the photos off this afternoon

Merci bien!

Posts: 1863 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Fattoria Viticcio, Chianti Classico, Riserva

Posts: 10073 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During our weekend in Austin

2011 A Lageder Muller Thurgau
NV Diebold Vallois Brut Champagne

On the Champagne, the wine list said Blanc de Blancs, but the bottle was not the BdB when it came out. I didn't notice it till we had both finished a glass, do you say something or not at this point?

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lineup from our monthly Saturday group's blind tasting:

N.V. Pol Roger Champagne Extra Cuvée de Réserve Pure (nonblind starter)
2008 Jean-Claude Châtelain Pouilly-Fumé
2009 Mckinley Springs Confluence
2009 Eola Hills Wine Cellars Chardonnay Reserve LaCreole
2010 Sivas-Sonoma Pinot Noir
2006 Santini Fine Wines Barbaresco La Loggia
2009 Vietti Barbera d'Alba Tre Vigne
1994 Thomas Pinot Noir Willamette Valley
2009 Talbott Pinot Noir Diamond T Estate
2010 Robert Biale Barbera Carli Somerston
2006 Robert Johnson Shiraz
2009 Lewis Cellars Alec's Blend
1995 Schweiger Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
2003 Girard Petite Sirah
2005 Girard Petite Sirah

Nonblind w/dinner & dessert:
2003 Cayuse Syrah Coccinelle Vineyard
1995 Château La Dominique
2007 Bonny Doon Vineyard Le Vol des Anges Beeswax Vineyard

Posts: 1592 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Kutch Pinot Noir Savoy Vineyard

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
During our weekend in Austin

2011 A Lageder Muller Thurgau
NV Diebold Vallois Brut Champagne

On the Champagne, the wine list said Blanc de Blancs, but the bottle was not the BdB when it came out. I didn't notice it till we had both finished a glass, do you say something or not at this point?

Presumably they brought the bottle to the table and presented it to you before opening? That was your chance to say something. Smack

Posts: 10073 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, they brought the completely wrong bottle at first and I noticed that, but when they brought the second bottle and it said Diebold Vallois I accepted it. I didn't look carefully to make sure it said Blanc de Blancs, and I'm not familiar with the color differentials on the label between the Brut and the Blanc de Blancs. Only after Googling the wine for information did I notice we didn't receive what was listed.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
One thing I regret is that I will never taste a DRC Montrachet. I'm envious.
Yes, same here. When someone ask me which wine in this world I'd like to try, they always get the same answer. DRC Montrachet.

Posts: 928 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
w+a has one every Tuesday as he watches Two and a Half Men.

posted Hide Post
Last night with charcoal grilled flat iron steaks:

1970 Concannon Vineyard Estate Bottled Cabernet Sauvignon

Posts: 928 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Beringer Private Reserve

Posts: 3713 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

How's it showing?

Posts: 1523 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:

How's it showing?

Opened it last night, and vacumn corked it. Great the 2nd night with good amount of fruit, moderate finish. The tannins are somewhat pronounced at the end. I think its in a good state right now but of course waiting never hurts especially when there are more bottles in ones cellar Wink

Posts: 3713 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Monsanto Chianti Classico Reserva.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Huët Vouvray Sec Le Mont

Posts: 15484 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
2007 Huët Vouvray Sec Le Mont

No need to ask how that is!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36782 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
-1975 Bertani Amarone
-2010 Georges Noellat Échézeaux
-1999 Zind-Humbrecht Clos Jesbal Vendanges Tardines
-1996 Pierre Bise Quarts de Chaumes Les Rouannières

Posts: 996 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Scherrer RR pinot

Posts: 3649 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:

2010 Elena Walch Beyond the Clouds

If there was any way you could mule some of this back, I would be very interested.

+2, a wonderful wine! Still recall that one at Paese. mmmm, and thanks.

Me, too! Terrific bottle. That was a good night!

Sounds like we need to have another Italian dinner!

Posts: 5122 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

How's it showing?

Love to hear mareff's opinion. I've had it twice from 375 in the past year and it's either a hold or decant for hours even in this format to my tastes. I won't open another for a few years.

PH

Posts: 15076 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
quote:

How's it showing?

Love to hear mareff's opinion. I've had it twice from 375 in the past year and it's either a hold or decant for hours even in this format to my tastes. I won't open another for a few years.

PH

look above....A definite decant for this wine.