WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: what are you drinking?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: what are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
07 domaine grapillon d'or gigondas
09 saint amant la tabard one
09 norm hardie county chard
01 fourcas Dumont

Posts: 1560 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put a 2007 Domaine Guigal Côte Brune&Blonde Côte Rotie Smile

Will see how it shows later tonight...

dzitt

Posts: 884 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fcs:
2001 Elderton Command Shiraz

What did you think?

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6122 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
09 norm hardie county chard

What did you think? Have had the NH Chardonnay a couple of times. Good but, for me, quite lean.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No one from last night remembers what we drank? Smack I'll try. Last night for the visits of Mr & Mrs Bman and Darcy with locals KSC02, Impulse, Uncle John, Mimik and significant others, we had a syrah themed dinner at Wellington.

NV Bollinger, Champagne, Cuvee Speciale
1998 Chapoutier, Hermitage, Monier de la Sizeranne
2001 Ferraton, Ermitage, Les Dionnieres
2002 D'Arenberg, The Dead Arm
2002 Elderton, Command
2005 Les Vins de Vienne, Cornas, Les Barcillants
2004 Guigal, La Turque
2003 Alessandro, Il Bosco
2004 Alessandro, Il Bosco
2007 Copain, Thompson, Santa Barbara
2009 Laughing Stock, Syrah
2008 Cayuse, Cailloux
2003 Penfolds, RWT

There was also a sauternes, which I had never heard of before. Mimik?

My WOTN's were the Dead Arm and the Command. Eek

Posts: 10133 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by fcs:
2001 Elderton Command Shiraz

What did you think?

I liked it more on night #1, had nice glycerine mouthfeel to balance against jammy blackberry and spice. By tonight, day 2, some of the round fruit and soft texture was gone, leaving leaner more tannic finish.

rule for this wine is drink up, carpe carpe

Posts: 926 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
My WOTN's were the Dead Arm and the Command. Eek

Thanks Steve! I always rely on your phenomenal memory to give me the list of the wines I drank!

It was really good to see Mr and Mrs Bman after a long absence.

Interesting, your two WOTNs are the two wines I liked the least... My WOTN were the Chapoutier Sizeranne and La Turque.

And my highlight of the night was the reaction to the Canadian wine, which seemed to please the crowd.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1989 LLC while making Ossobuco for dad's birthday tomorrow.

3rd bottle and best showing. Black olives, truffle,wet earth. Yummy

1990 Ceretto Bricco Roche Barolo Brunate (still chopping veg Wink

Posts: 1679 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, 2001 Silvio Nardi Manachiara BdM - really good! 750ml was not enough, I would have had more.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Domaine Belle Crozes-Hermitage Les Pierrelles. A very good QPR, peppery and mint notes, medium bodied.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1604 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve8, it was a 2007 chateau larinbotte Sauternes.

Tonight with rack of lamb, a drab but a pleasant 2009 chateau fleur cardinale, excellent.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6606 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 La Ferme de Suzon "Cotes Noires" Chateauneuf du Pape

Posts: 2553 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Justin CS

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1947 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
08 Loring aubaine
07 radio Cocteau timber vine
Cava pere mata reserva

Posts: 5974 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night with braised beef cheeks

2006 Copain Syrah James Berry Vineyard.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2411 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse:
Interesting, your two WOTNs are the two wines I liked the least... My WOTN were the Chapoutier Sizeranne and La Turque.

And my highlight of the night was the reaction to the Canadian wine, which seemed to please the crowd.

The nose on the Chapoutier was amazing, but I found the wine to be a little light. I had a 98 several years ago and found the same, except the nose was nowhere nearly as developed as this bottle.

La Turque...what to say? Except to hold your other bottles if you have them.

I really liked the Laughing Stock and would have never picked it out blind as a Canadian wine. I see their website only has the 2010 available. Have you tried it yet?

Posts: 10133 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night

1999 Masi, Amarone, Mazzano

Excellent. By the end of the bottle it was almost port-like.

posted Hide Post
Enjoyed yesterday,

NV J. Lassalle Premier Cru Brut
NV Cedric Bouchard Val Vilaine BdN
2002 Raveneau Valmur Chablis
1998 Bernard Dugat Charmes Chambertin

Posts: 30160 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really liked the Laughing Stock and would have never picked it out blind as a Canadian wine. I see their website only has the 2010 available. Have you tried it yet?

If anyone is ordering, I'd be in for a case. It drank beyond its' price point and this is one Canadian wine that I'd be happy to have in my drink-now-or-hold short-term cellar

Posts: 15545 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:

If anyone is ordering, I'd be in for a case. It drank beyond its' price point and this is one Canadian wine that I'd be happy to have in my drink-now-or-hold short-term cellar

FYI: there is still some Laughing Stock Chardonnay 2009 available in Ontario and it's one of the ones marked down in that big Vintages sale. No Syrah though.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2002 Paul Bara Champagne Grand Cru Brut
2006 Araujo Estate Altagracia Red Table Wine
2008 Sine Qua Non Kolibri
2008 Sine Qua Non Roussanne Jinete Bajo Vin de Paille

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Steve8, it was a 2007 chateau larinbotte Sauternes.

Tonight with rack of lamb, a drab but a pleasant 2009 chateau fleur cardinale, excellent.

How was the wine? Did you decant? I love the 2005 but it still needs 2 years IMO.

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 732 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
FYI: there is still some Laughing Stock Chardonnay 2009 available in Ontario and it's one of the ones marked down in that big Vintages sale. No Syrah though.

Thanks for the info, Bruce.

It is their Syrah, specifically, that I'm interested in at this time.

Posts: 15545 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've had the 2010 a few times already. Very good, but slightly behind the 2009...

posted Hide Post
Shafergirl and I celebrated our 19th Anniversary with:

2001 Harlan Estate
2008 Aubert Chardonnay Reuling Vineyard

Posts: 3668 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post