WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    November 2012: what are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November 2012: what are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Last night with the visiting Redhawk, MiamiAtty, Redknife and spouses at FKG and my house:

Nicholas Feuillate NV Brut
2008 Avanthia Goldello
2006 Penninsula Gewurz Manigold Vineyard
2001 Fuligni Brunello
1997 Pio Cesare Barolo (corked) Mad
2004 Pegau
2005 Domaine de la Vielle Julienne CDP
2004 Kosta Browne Amber Ridge Pinot
2001 Clos Apalta

and because Redhawk had never had a Stefania, the excessive and totally unnecessary

2008 Stefania Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah
How was the fuligni showing?

Posts: 6559 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
A stellar night in Houston.

1959 Krug (1.5)
2005 Vincent Dauvissat La Forest Chablis
2008 Raveneaux Montee de Tonnerre
2002 Coche Dury Corton Charlemagne
2001 Leroy Chambertin
2002 Leroy Clos de la Roche
1995 DRC La Tache
1990 DRC Saint Vivant Romanee

Longboarder, I sent you pictures, but only the first one went through. Confused
You have some friends with great cellars w+a. Sounds like a great night, well done!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GlennK,

Posts: 6559 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Last night with the visiting Redhawk, MiamiAtty, Redknife and spouses at FKG and my house:

Nicholas Feuillate NV Brut
2008 Avanthia Goldello
2006 Penninsula Gewurz Manigold Vineyard
2001 Fuligni Brunello
1997 Pio Cesare Barolo (corked) Mad
2004 Pegau
2005 Domaine de la Vielle Julienne CDP
2004 Kosta Browne Amber Ridge Pinot
2001 Clos Apalta

and because Redhawk had never had a Stefania, the excessive and totally unnecessary

2008 Stefania Eaglepoint Ranch Syrah
How was the fuligni showing?

Red fruit predominate more than dark. Excellent and lengthy finish. Good balance and I really enjoyed this and amm happy we have 2 more.

Posts: 6030 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight with Francesco Illy at IL Giglio.

1995 Mastrojanni Normale - Excellent and in a very good place right now.

2006 Mastrojanni Normale - We debated whether this wine will ever reach the complexity of the '95. A good wine though in its own right.

Sadly a bottle of 1995 Costanti Riserva was corked.

Posts: 2210 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:

1959 Krug (1.5)
2001 Leroy Chambertin
1995 DRC La Tache

Longboarder, I sent you pictures, but only the first one went through. Confused

Maybe a few brief impressions, if not notes?

Will do when I return home.

Posts: 30280 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

1959 Krug (1.5)
2001 Leroy Chambertin
1995 DRC La Tache

You have some friends with great cellars w+a. Sounds like a great night, well done!

Yes, I do have friends with nice cellars, but we bought these off of a restaurant list.

A little early year end celebration for a great year in Houston for our partnership. Cool

Posts: 30280 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

1959 Krug (1.5)
2001 Leroy Chambertin
1995 DRC La Tache

Yes, I do have friends with nice cellars, but we bought these off of a restaurant list.

A little early year end celebration for a great year in Houston for our partnership. Cool
What restaurant in Houston has those gems?

posted Hide Post
2006 Pierre Usseglio Cdp.

Posts: 9482 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Penner Ash PN 2010

Tasty.

Posts: 930 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1986 Chateau Lynch Bages- 2 hours in the decanter and it seems to be the most ready to drink 1986 Bordeaux I've tried to date. I've always regarded Lynch Bages as an earlier drinking Bordeaux.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36987 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don Pascual Tannat Reserve 2010 at an Uruguayan restaurant in Mexico City. Not bad, exceeded my expectations as it was less tannic and less full bodied than others i have had.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1656 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

1959 Krug (1.5)
2008 Raveneau Montee de Tonnerre
2001 Leroy Chambertin
1995 DRC La Tache

What restaurant in Houston has those gems?

Pappas Bros Steakhouse.

Their new wine list is 110 pages, and there are some darn good wines if you can get past ALL the B.S. wines most people look for, like SQN, SE and others.

Longboarder and I have had great luck here ( Raveneau, Leoville Las Cases 1990 et al)

The food was also as good as I have ever enjoyed at Pappas.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Pappas Bros Steakhouse.

Their new wine list is 110 pages, and there are some darn good wines if you can get past ALL the B.S. wines most people look for, like SQN, SE and others.

Longboarder and I have had great luck here ( Raveneau, Leoville Las Cases 1990 et al)

Nice! Back when I was going to Pappas the list was not that impressive, but that was a good 8-10 years ago. I did always enjoy the food and service. Smoked a few good cigars at the bar as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Pappas Bros Steakhouse.

Nice! Back when I was going to Pappas the list was not that impressive, but that was a good 8-10 years ago. I did always enjoy the food and service. Smoked a few good cigars at the bar as well.

Longboarder and I are always surprised how well the wines we love are priced compared to the expense account wines.

You are correct, their list is far FAR deeper than years ago.

This is the restaurant Longboarder and I enjoyed the 1855 Scion Port at.

posted Hide Post
2007 Perrin & Fils Gigondas La Gille.

Posts: 5517 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beaujolais nouveau

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1933 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 2008 Tolaini Valdisanti Tenuta S. Giovanni Toscana IGT

Love this stuff! The QPR is tough to beat.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beaujolais Nouveau - first time trying this. Although the celebration that went along with this wine was great last night I wouldn't be upset if I missed future events with this wine.

Posts: 2567 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Beaujolais Nouveau - first time trying this. Although the celebration that went along with this wine was great last night I wouldn't be upset if I missed future events with this wine.

The only think they should be celebrating is the rare occasion that the Nouveau s**t is actually drinkable. I'm sure Binny's has pallets of this stacked up in each location that they will be closing out for $4.99 or less in January. Devilish

Posts: 5517 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Rivers-Marie pinot

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12367 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:

The only think they should be celebrating is the rare occasion that the Nouveau s**t is actually drinkable. I'm sure Binny's has pallets of this stacked up in each location that they will be closing out for $4.99 or less in January. Devilish

Every year I wander over to my neighbr's house on Thanksgiving morning to watch a little football and "hang out", and every year he offers me a glass of Beaujolais Nouveau, and every year I opt for a Bloody Mary.

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6141 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KW Crew Last Night:

2008 Domaine Faivley Puligny Montrachet (Solid)
2009 Delas St. Joseph 'Francois de Tournon' (Corked)
2010 Domaine Terlato & Chapoutier Lieu Dit Malakoff Shiraz (Ringer for N. Rhone, solid)
2010 Halcon Vineyards Syrah Alturas (Nice, clean, high quality, but ultimately unremarkable)
2006 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova (Good, but really nothing exceptional)
2000 Roberto Voerzio Langhe Nebbiolo/Barbera (maderized)
2007 Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Estate (Great as ever)

EDITED, thanks Andrew!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wine Canuck,

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 756 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot one, WC:

2007 Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Estate

Posts: 1317 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leftovers from Redhark offline on Wednesday. 01 Fuligni (drops of it that were left) was killer last night.

Posts: 6030 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Casanova di Neri Rosso

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1966 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post