WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What vintage is Premier Cru delivering at the moment?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What vintage is Premier Cru delivering at the moment?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
at the new location?

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainman:
They must be doing well for the capital improvements or just reinvested everyone's futures $. Big Grin Had my '05 Leo Barton in.

When did you order the 2005 Leoville Barton?

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-
"But is anyone speaking for consumers' best interest? One liquor store owner, Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Company..."-Wine Spectator
"One of the most important retailers in the country"-Wall Street Journal, November 2010
"(T)hese are the kind of posts we've come to expect from NY Retailer."-Board-O
"You're not here to help us. You're here to help yourself..."-Board-O
"You a liar and your motives here are clear to all. Let me repeat- you are a liar."-Board-O

Posts: 752 | Location: New York | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the title of this post says it all.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainman:
quote:
Originally posted by NY Retailer:
Anyone have an update on the new store that they were supposed to build this past summer?

Since no one ever answered yet, I was in the new PC in Berkeley last week and it is rather impressive. Beautiful racking, seperate climate controlled display, etc. You feel like you should dress up to go there. They must be doing well for the capital improvements or just reinvested everyone's futures $. Big Grin Had my '05 Leo Barton in.

Agreed. I was just there on Tuesday picking up some wine and was thinking the same thing to myself! I chose to let it make me feel better about my wines that are still pending. Smile

Can't comment on the thread topic, though, since I'm not ordering any current vintage Bordeaux these days (nothing since '05).

Posts: 2952 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
I have never had PC not come through on a purchase (and I purchased quite a bit in the past) nor have I had a cooked wine that came from them. That being said, I am still waiting for 2005 Pontet Canet, and some 2004 Brunello.

Just got word that the Pontet Canet has arrived as has 2004 Fanti. Popcorn

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9636 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told I'd get my 07 Cdp, Gigondas and Lirac this fall but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not ordering anymore from PC. Iv'e reached my limit.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How slow are they?

When they deliver Board-O's futures, he considers the wine mature enough to drink. Wink

Posts: 1871 | Location: NYC | Registered: Sep 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today, they told me that the '06 BdMs will be coming in 2012.
No hurry, I guess, since I've got older wine waiting to be drunk. It just makes me nervous to have outstanding wines from a retailer with this reputation.

Posts: 1630 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
No hurry, I guess, since I've got older wine waiting to be drunk. It just makes me nervous to have outstanding wines from a retailer with this reputation.

Wd - I've never had a wine not delivered by PC.
I received a '04 d'Yquem just a few months ago that I ordered in January '07....

Posts: 15563 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:

I received a '04 d'Yquem just a few months ago that I ordered in January '07....

Good to hear, thanks.

Posts: 1630 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good to hear, thanks.

I'm confident the wine has been stored in pristine conditions for all this time. Eek

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was during the time it was at my house. Smile That is if this was the bottle of d'Yquem that I received for you.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vt2It:
It was during the time it was at my house. Smile That is if this was the bottle of d'Yquem that I received for you.

Razz

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

I'm confident the wine has been stored in pristine conditions for all this time. Eek

w+a - Being a Sauternes, I'm not concerned. Bottle/cork like new and I have no plans to age the '04 for decades. This will be consumed within a few years, surely. However, your point is well taken.

Vt2It - Indeed, the same bottle. Thank you.

Posts: 15563 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not necessarily be concerned about 2004 Sauternes either, but the fact is that that wine was sold on futures in 2007. The wine was released in 2008, as I recall.

By getting delivery in 2011 (3 years late), you certainly did not get wine that came straight from a negociant type source. It bounced around somewhere in the wine world.

If you are a wine merchant, selling futures, you have till (usually) January of the next year to get paid up, or deal with the potential consequences. So, when the wine is released, you take delivery almost immediately. While we are waiting on some 2008 Bordeaux (will arrive after the summer heat), 90% has come and gone already.

It is a fairly simple system.

Likewise for the Brunello situation. 99% of all Brunello producers released stock in the past 4 months. Even if you purchased it overseas, as a merchant, it should arrive later this year.

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-
"But is anyone speaking for consumers' best interest? One liquor store owner, Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Company..."-Wine Spectator
"One of the most important retailers in the country"-Wall Street Journal, November 2010
"You a liar and your motives here are clear to all. Let me repeat- you are a liar."-Board-O

Posts: 752 | Location: New York | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still getting some of my 2006 BDX. Most of it has arrived, but still waiting for one (the most expensive) case. Also I am also waiting for some later vintages, but I am not holding my breath there.

Six years after the vintage and still waiting. Nevertheless they have delivered.... Slow. slow. S l o w.

I don't mind the waiting. It is (i) the fact that they are not upfront of when the wine will get here and (ii) the fact that they are not so nice when I call to inquire once a year.

Posts: 61 | Location: Irvine, CA | Registered: Nov 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any concern about provenance?

At this point, they are probably purchasing from retailer shelves throughout the country.

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-

posted Hide Post
NY Retailer,

Good point. Add provenance as item (iii) on the list of concerns.

Sigh..... Bang

Posts: 61 | Location: Irvine, CA | Registered: Nov 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arrived in the past few months.
2007 Coutet - September ?
2009 Pontet Canet - November

Still waiting on a few 06-08 Italians wines, and 09-10 french wines. I almost bought the 2010 1st growth (5) set for $2.3k from this weekend's sale. Had to read this thread just to reaffirm myself.

"Believe me, you can count on Slippery Pete" - Kramer

Posts: 1444 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jun 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
I almost bought the 2010 1st growth (5) set for $2.3k from this weekend's sale. Had to read this thread just to reaffirm myself.

I was just 1 click away to buy this lot, but decided not to.
Such a good deal though.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like I need to give them a call!

Thanks,
CJ

Posts: 25 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Nov 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone get any 2008 Lafite or Latour from them?

I think that they sold quite a few cases (they had a solid first tranche price), and the wines released about 20 months ago...just curious if anyone got any from PC yet.

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-

posted Hide Post
I purchased a single bottle of the 2008 Haut-Brion as a "birth year" wine for my youngest son in May 2009. I called about (6) weeks ago and the PC representative was friendly and stated the wine would be arriving in a few months. This is my only experience with this merchant.

Posts: 199 | Registered: Nov 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2007 Coutet - September ?

wow, my 09 PC still shows as pre arrival and how in the heck did you already get yours?

Posts: 54 | Location: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Apr 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve W.:
I purchased a single bottle of the 2008 Haut-Brion as a "birth year" wine for my youngest son in May 2009. I called about (6) weeks ago and the PC representative was friendly and stated the wine would be arriving in a few months. This is my only experience with this merchant.

I've got the same wine from KL at least 2 years ago. PC, while having a great storefront and great prices are really for those who think they will live forever.

I don't plan to be buried with my wines (or have my pre arrival receipts from PC with me!)

Posts: 54 | Location: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Apr 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post