WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What vintage is Premier Cru delivering at the moment?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What vintage is Premier Cru delivering at the moment?
 Login/Join 
posted
I have a few 2006's on the wait from Premier Cru and they keep postponing the delivery date. Last March I was told to call them in September. Of course, I have heard countless of other users here state how slow they are on their delivery. (However, they are reliable).

My question is: what vintage are they delivering at the moment? Are they still in 2005 or not even so?

Posts: 61 | Location: Irvine, CA | Registered: Nov 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for an '04 d'Yquem I ordered January 30, 2007.

All other orders came through without much pain. But this one, I fear, I caught in the order death spiral. However, I've never had them not eventually deliver.

Posts: 15386 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My questions is, why would anyone order from Premier Cru anymore?

Posts: 30013 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see an issue if they actually have the wine in stock. For pre-arrivals, however, noting their long-standing and widespread delays on coming through with product, I wouldn't order from them for any reason.

Posts: 10816 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for 2005 Palmer and Angelus ordered at the end of 2006. Repeatedly promised to be arriving soon; promises repeately unfulfilled. However, I did receive several other 2005's.

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
My questions is, why would anyone order from Premier Cru anymore?

Some almost-too-good-to-be-true prices seem to warrant a small investment...such as some 2009 bdx that were less than 1/3 the price of what they are up here. Who knows if I will ever get them, but I did jump at the offer.

"No TV and no beer make Homer...something, something"

Posts: 2494 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for some '04 Brunelli and Baroli. Not really concerned, I figure that they will come long before I'm planning to drink them.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my 2005 Bordeaux quite a while ago. I just have some future orders for 2008 Bordeaux.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36745 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not ordered from PC in a couple of years now. Mostly due to my relocating to Montreal it just doesn't make sense.
While the bottle of d'Yquem has now been extraordinarily silly in length of time now waiting, I've never had them no deliver and most products came through within a year. I'd no issue with that.

If the price gap is large enough I can understand people biting. But I'd keep my 'outstanding receivables' risk very small indeed. For 95% of product/pricing the gap just doesn't warrent the wait. It's not the time waiting that bothers me. It's having to keep track of outstanding orders for that long. A real PIA.

Posts: 15386 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one bottle of '07 Beaucastel I ordered from them cuz at the time $74.99 was pretty cheap...but I shake my head whenever I'm in another wine store and see it sitting on the shelves.

"This may be the wine talking but I want some more wine"

Posts: 1022 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread got me to check out their site, it's been awhile. 2006 Voerzio Barolo for $139.99! I don't care if I have to wait several years, where will you be able to find it anywhere near that price?

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vt2It:
This thread got me to check out their site, it's been awhile. 2006 Voerzio Barolo for $139.99! I don't care if I have to wait several years, where will you be able to find it anywhere near that price?
Yeah, that price got me too

Posts: 6426 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no qualms about ordering from PC. They're not my #1 preference, but then again they never were. I know that there are often long wait-times, but I have yet to have an experience where I intended to drink the wine before they actually delivered it. Until they actually fail to come through on a commitment, I will happily save a few $ and wait.

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Posts: 3948 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Jan 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never dealt with them. Are you sure their business model isn't based on a pyramid? Perhaps you'll get your 2006's when enough people cough up the cash for the '09 futures?

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6749 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on '05 Leo Barton bought in June of '06. I'm in no hurry and it was the only '05 futures I purchased.

Posts: 2386 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have recieved my 05 Bdx and 06 Cdp. I'm still waiting on two mixed cases of 07 Cdp, Lirac and Gigondas. They said alot were in and would ship them out when the weather cools this fall. We'll see.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in 2008 Illinois in it's infinite stupidity passed a law prohibiting me from purchasing wine from out of state retailers. Some retailers however (cough, cough) haven't caught on to this, so my options are sometimes (cough, cough) limited.

Posts: 2204 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vt2It:

Yep. Some times it's just pretty damn difficult to resist the pricing on some items.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Never dealt with them. Are you sure their business model isn't based on a pyramid? Perhaps you'll get your 2006's when enough people cough up the cash for the '09 futures?

Thats the first time I have heard anybody ask that question, except of course for the other 5,000 times it has been asked. Of course, it has also not been answered.

"No TV and no beer make Homer...something, something"

Posts: 2494 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Apr 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NOt a chance I'll deal with PC again. Still waiting for my 2003 Pavie Macquin Double Mag. Mad

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2069 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few bottles that I ordered from PC. Some of them have arrived to the store, some not yet. But frankly, I'm not planning on opening any anytime soon so who cares if they don't have them yet? Everything I've got from them in the past and that I had to wait for a while has always been pristine and they always delivered. I see it as great prices and free storage to boot.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3147 | Location: Cowboys Stadium | Registered: Feb 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:

All other orders came through without much pain. But this one, I fear, I caught in the order death spiral. However, I've never had them not eventually deliver.

This thread prompted me to check my order status (you can do this on their site). It still was showing as back-ordered. So I contacted them for an order update. Received an email last evening informing me that my bottle is now in and ready to ship when the weather is appropriate.

That one took a looong time to show up...but it did show. Once again, PC delivered.

posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KSC02:

That one took a looong time to show up...but it did show. Once again, PC delivered.

Good to hear, and I'm very confident the wine has been stored in the dark at 55 degrees all this time as well.

Posts: 30013 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Good to hear, and I'm very confident the wine has been stored in the dark at 55 degrees all this time as well.

Big Grin

KSC02, have they really delivered yet or is this another stall tactic? Right now its too hot and then it will be too cold. I get why people buy from them due to pricing but I am very concerned about their business model in this economy.

Posts: 4460 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always chuckle when this topic comes up each year. There will always be the skeptics, the believers, and those that get frustrated when they don't get their wines within 2 years of their transaction. Hopefully, it won't come down to 'we told you so.'

Posts: 5091 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
'04 d'Yquem I ordered January 30, 2007.

Smile Being a Sauternes, I'm thinking that this particular item runs just under Port on the 'risk' chart.
However your comment is indeed valid, my pessimistic & sarcastic friend.