WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Wine Buying Moratorium
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wine Buying Moratorium
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the DVD. Good luck and I hope things end up better than before - it is amazing how many times it actually does.

I am on hiatus as we are on one income for the next couple months. Trying to hold strong. Not going cold turkey but only smaller purchases until my wife is off leave.

Posts: 361 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Jun 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitey:
Sorry to hear the DVD. Good luck and I hope things end up better than before - it is amazing how many times it actually does.

I am on hiatus as we are on one income for the next couple months. Trying to hold strong. Not going cold turkey but only smaller purchases until my wife is off leave.

WIMP! Where did you go to college?

Sorry, I forgot... that 5-7 team last year. Razz

Posts: 29560 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
The moratorium that has largely existed for the last four and a half years will be lifted today, as DnVsMom's sh!tty company eliminated her position. What does doing the job of two people for over a year get you? Not much apparently. Mad

Fortunately, she has many contacts who respect her greatly, and as soon as word got out, her phone was buzzing off the hook.

The Treasury Wine Estates boycott will begin soon after we drink what's left of their wine in the cellar.
Sorry to hear it. Damn...

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
quote:
The moratorium that has largely existed for the last four and a half years will be lifted today, as DnVsMom's sh!tty company eliminated her position. What does doing the job of two people for over a year get you? Not much apparently. Mad

Fortunately, she has many contacts who respect her greatly, and as soon as word got out, her phone was buzzing off the hook.

The Treasury Wine Estates boycott will begin soon after we drink what's left of their wine in the cellar.
Sorry to hear it. Damn...

GA, I'm hoping she lands with Chapoutier! Big Grin

Posts: 29560 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

What labels are under Treasury Wine Estates?

Best wishes to your better half getting the upper hand soon.

Posts: 1830 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry to hear... but I'm betting the best is yet to come!

Posts: 2451 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
quote:

Thank you everybody! I know how excellent DnVsMom is at what she does, and I know something will happen soon.

As for the Treasury boycott, well....

Beringer
St.Clement
Chateau St. Jean
Souverain
Stags Leap Winery
Etude
Sbragia
Penfolds
Matua
Gabbiano
Greg Norman

and a lot of other "smaller" brands.

Please understand that the aforementioned wineries make some very fine wines (go ahead and insert smiley faces, wine+art Wink) and that there are great people making the wines and who are associated with the wineries, and who I would not disparage in any way, shape, or form.

But, it is the larger corporate structure that shapes everything that led to what happened. And for that, and DnVsMoms loyalty, I am truly disheartened.

Again, thank you for all of your well wishes. DnVsMom (and our family) will ultimately be the better for it.

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9634 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried in the past but been unable to maintain discipline. I have gotten it down to $250 a month - mostly white Burgs for my wife. I do intent to make a significant commitment to 2009 & 2010 Bordeaux at some point, but I have managed to live within a sub-$5K annual budget. Not like I used to be...

---------------------------------------------------------
"...And so ultimately you didn't blame Lil John or Meat Loaf. You fired Gary Busey. And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night. Well-handled, sir. Well-handled."

Posts: 1398 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
quote:

Thank you everybody! I know how excellent DnVsMom is at what she does, and I know something will happen soon.

As for the Treasury boycott, well....

Beringer
St.Clement
Chateau St. Jean
Souverain
Stags Leap Winery
Etude
Sbragia
Penfolds
Matua
Gabbiano
Greg Norman

and a lot of other "smaller" brands.

Please understand that the aforementioned wineries make some very fine wines (go ahead and insert smiley faces, wine+art Wink) and that there are great people making the wines and who are associated with the wineries, and who I would not disparage in any way, shape, or form.

But, it is the larger corporate structure that shapes everything that led to what happened. And for that, and DnVsMoms loyalty, I am truly disheartened.

Again, thank you for all of your well wishes. DnVsMom (and our family) will ultimately be the better for it.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope she lands a new job (fingers crossed for Chapoutier Wink) quickly. I am often disappointed in the lack of downstream loyalty in corporations these days (despite the insistence of upstream loyalty). I find myself going out of my way to purchase from entites that reward upstream loyalty with downstream loyalty.

G

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Yeah, yeah. Can't wait for the Sooner meltdown again this year. We are rebuilding as you guys were a couple years ago - but we will be back as long as the conference holds together. Sorry I missed you guys last week. Have to do it again soon.

Posts: 361 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Jun 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, yeah. Can't wait for the Sooner meltdown again this year. We are rebuilding as you guys were a couple years ago - but we will be back as long as the conference holds together. Sorry I missed you guys last week. Have to do it again soon.

Whitey, you really should not post when you are drunk! Razz

Meltdown? Since when is 12-2 and a Top 5 season a meltdown?

Rebuilding? When OU rebuilds,they go to a bowl and win 8 games. Stoops has never had a 5 win season, and poor little Texas lost more games at home last year alone ( see Iowa State Big Grin) than Stoops has lost at home in his entire 13 seasons combined. Wink

Hope you are feeling better. We missed you last week...but you could have sent your wine!

I will email you about an off-line coming soon.

posted Hide Post
Again, thanks for the well wishes everybody.

wine+art, a linebacker problem has now emergered for your Sooners. Uh oh. PS - did you get the facebook message I sent you? You know how I am with that stuff. Wink

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9634 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

wine+art, a linebacker problem has now emergered for your Sooners. Uh oh. PS - did you get the facebook message I sent you? You know how I am with that stuff. Wink

OU's best defensive player is now out 8+ weeks, and the season has yet to start. Frown DAMN IT!

I did receive your sincere message on FB. As always, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:

Sorry to hear about that D'n'V'sDad, but consider it a fresh start where she will hopefully get with a better company that appreciates her talents. In the meantime, enjoy drinking the rest of their wine!

The Dude abides.

Posts: 2358 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OU's best defensive player is now out 8+ weeks, and the season has yet to start. Frown DAMN IT!

I did receive your sincere message on FB. As always, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Cool

Yes, losing Wilson will hurt you guys - especially early against FSU (which should be a heck of a game). They say he will be back vs Texas - so we will see.

Sorry, I missed you guys. Weird story I will have to tell you about - but it was good I was home. Still waiting on that email about the next offline. Smile

posted Hide Post
I need to self-impose a moratorium. With nearly ten cases on the way and limited space available, the time has come to test my mettle.

Well, that and we need a new kitchen. Wink

Posts: 2496 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is better

quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
I need to self-impose a moratorium. With nearly ten cases on the way and limited space available, the time has come to test my mettle.

Well, that and we need a new new kitchen walk in wine cellar Wink

Posts: 2245 | Location: Brights Grove Ontario | Registered: Jun 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:
This is better

quote:
a new new kitchen walk in wine cellar Wink

If that were to happen before the kitchen, better add a new couch so I have somewhere to sleep. Razz

Posts: 2496 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
This is better

quote:
a new new kitchen walk in wine cellar Wink

If that were to happen before the kitchen, better add a new couch so I have somewhere to sleep. Razz

Offsite storage VinT, offsite!

posted Hide Post
I am on one of these until summer....i went crazey this fall

Posts: 1089 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Offsite storage VinT, offsite!

Were it only that easy. I already have not one but 2 offsites on the go. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Just bought new boat and boat lift. Thinking I need to change from buying to selling to help cover cost.

Posts: 1437 | Location: Land of the Sick Cab Weekend | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post