WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Just got on the Saxum mailing list.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just got on the Saxum mailing list.
 Login/Join 
posted
My allocation is 6 bottles. Since I have never had the wines I will probably buy one or two bottles to see what they are all about.

Would I get kicked off the list if I didn't buy now?

Posts: 8648 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- Do you have to buy all (6)?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, it looks like I can buy as little as one.

posted Hide Post
Nice! Can I buy (1) from your allocation?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, Shane. The offer is for Broken Stones. Info below.

"2010 BROKEN STONES ($89)
63% Syrah, 19% Mourvèdre, 15% Grenache, 3% Petite Sirah. 15.3% alc. 1500 cases produced"

posted Hide Post
Much appreciated. Just email me the administrative details.

"satrefftzs@yahoo.com"

posted Hide Post
Those are up to $89 now, wow. I think it was in the 40s back when I was on the list.

Posts: 2384 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainman:
Those are up to $89 now, wow. I think it was in the 40s back when I was on the list.

Everything was cheaper in the 40s. I think it was because of the war.

Cheers!

Posts: 8310 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure winemaker wasn't born yet. Smile

Posts: 2384 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:

Everything was cheaper in the 40s. I think it was because of the war.

Bada-boom- tiss.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd buy Broken Stones and Bone Rock from you if you could get it. Just let me know and I'll provide contact info. I was just notified that I'm still a year or two from being on the allocation list.

Posts: 152 | Location: Los Angeles area | Registered: Nov 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very surprised to have gotten the email 2 weeks ago. Pleasant surprise.

Posts: 881 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
My allocation is 6 bottles. Since I have never had the wines I will probably buy one or two bottles to see what they are all about.

Would I get kicked off the list if I didn't buy now?

I am curious about your take on these wines. Based on past posts, I'm guessing these won't be your favorites.

I am sure that you can find takers of your allocation down here.

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2859 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oenolvr, leave your email so I can contact you.

Red Guy, I like a lot of Paso Robles wines. Smile

posted Hide Post
Congrats SPO, I too made the list... At roughly $90 per, I am not sure how good this is... Devilish

Contact me about Napa when time allows....

Posts: 828 | Location: Carlsbad | Registered: Apr 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whine-oh:
Congrats SPO, I too made the list... At roughly $90 per, I am not sure how good this is... Devilish

Contact me about Napa when time allows....

If you like Cali Syrah, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal, IMO.

Posts: 4763 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
spo
my email is mgsi88 at hotmail dot com
Thanks!!

Posts: 152 | Location: Los Angeles area | Registered: Nov 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whine-Oh, that was evil. You know how much I hate crossing the $30 barrier. Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whine-oh:
Congrats SPO, I too made the list... At roughly $90 per, I am not sure how good this

I was thinking the same thing but the 04 Broken Stones I had recently was excellent (although half the price of current release).

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shared in another forumite's allocation for years, slowly watching the prices escalate. Now that I am on, i am not even taking my full lot due to cost. Eek

Posts: 828 | Location: Carlsbad | Registered: Apr 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey mountainman, any recs for food up in your hood. A couple of us will be traveling thru in a coupe of weeks time.. (Sorry for the thread drift)
Thanks.

posted Hide Post
I appreciate the advice. Part of me wonders if I would just be happier loading up on some Hug Cellars. I do want to try a Saxum though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Part of me wonders if I would just be happier loading up on some Hug Cellars.

I've never heard of this producer. Worth seeking out?

posted Hide Post
I think alot of people dropped off the list due to the price, hence the reason why so many people are now being offered wine. I think it is decent enough to purchase however I am watching the price in the coming months years...

Posts: 3699 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
I appreciate the advice. Part of me wonders if I would just be happier loading up on some Hug Cellars. I do want to try a Saxum though.

I do have some single bottles from more recent vintages, next offline? Also, I am on Linne Calodo and Herman Story lists, if you ever wanna try them? I have some recent wines from them as well? (Might have to break into my offsite and find a Saxum to pop while in Napa) Wink