WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Round openings on the back of EuroCave?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Round openings on the back of EuroCave?
 Login/Join 
posted
I just picked up a used EuroCave E-264W for some mid-term storage. When I arrived at home, I realized there are two openings in the back of the unit. They aren't gouges or any kind of damage, they're perfectly round, and even have a plastic lining that you can tell came from the factory.

What's baffling me, though, is that it seems that the cold air will just go right out the hole??

Can anyone with a Eurocave explain if they have these openings in the back as well? Do they just, stay open??

I have a smaller, older EuroCave already, and it doesn't have these openings. They aren't any form of damage, because they're finished properly, but I'm just not sure if I'm supposed to connect something? Or what???

tia

Posts: 4749 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the place to put the expensive EuroCave filters !

Posts: 718 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 718 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's it! thank you!

man, that makes a lot more sense... i was getting ready to break out the duct tape!

Posts: 4749 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure you replace them as directed ...

How do you break duck tape Smile

posted Hide Post
Replace filters yearly. They are not cheap, though.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reminder. i need to replace the filter on mine as well. pricey yes .. good thing it's yearly and not monthly.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two eurocaves. One I've had for almost 5 years and have not had any issues. The second one I bought about 3 years ago. This last one has had several issues
1) loud "engine" noise
2) frost at the upper third of the back
3) sliding racks falling off the rails

Has Anyone noticed these problems too?

Posts: 2231 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
I have two eurocaves. One I've had for almost 5 years and have not had any issues. The second one I bought about 3 years ago. This last one has had several issues
1) loud "engine" noise

#2 is due to the filter being too old ...

posted Hide Post
I replace it yearly. Btw my first eurocave went almost 3 years with the same filter and never had an issue.

I'm starting to think that the quality if the latest eurocaves has come down....

Posts: 2231 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
1) loud "engine" noise

I had No. 3, had to adjust the width on the rollers. There are 4 screws, two on each rail that will allow you to widen them slightly. Seemed to solve my problem.

Posts: 151 | Location: NJ | Registered: Jun 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waterdr:
quote:
1) loud "engine" noise

I had No. 3, had to adjust the width on the rollers. There are 4 screws, two on each rail that will allow you to widen them slightly. Seemed to solve my problem.

You, sir, just made my day. I felt like the shelves were a little wobbly. I was weary of loading them up with wine. I took your advice, widened up the rollers, and now everything looks solid!

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
wait, there's another small opening towards the bottom of the eurocave. what's that one for??