WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    2010 Chateauneuf du Pape - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Chateauneuf du Pape - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Usseglio mon aieul
Vieux telegraphe
Mordoree
Janasse Chaupin

Posts: 1058 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A mix of older and newer styles, I enjoy both, and some pure Grenache.

Bastide St Dominique Secrets de Pignan
Beaucastle
Clos du Cailloux Quartz
Clos St Jean VV
Cristia VV
Grand Veneur Origines
Janasse VV
Pierre Usseglio Mon Aïeul
Vieux Donjon
Vieux Télégraphe

Posts: 39 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Dec 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far:

2010 Pegau Reservee

2010 Mordoree La Reine des Bois

2010 Vieux Telegraphe

2010 Charvin

Posts: 9476 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far:

Red
2010 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape A la Gloire de mon Grand-Père

2010 Domaine de Beaurenard (Paul Coulon et Fils) Châteauneuf-du-Pape Boisrenard

2010 Le Vieux Donjon Châteauneuf-du-Pape

2010 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes

2010 Château de Beaucastel Côtes du Rhône Coudoulet de Beaucastel(not technically a CDP but close enough)

2010 Domaine des Sénéchaux Châteauneuf-du-Pape

2010 Janasse Chaupin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mimik,

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6619 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me a point whore but I picked up some Domaine Saint Préfert Châteauneuf-du-Pape Collection Charles Giraud and some Réserve Auguste Favier. Trying to find some Beaurenard Boisrenard right now. Heard too many good things about it to not pick some up. I'm really tempted by the Bosquet des Pape Chante le Merle as well, but the price has gone up to ~$73CDN/btl up here.

What kind of prices are you guys paying for the Usseglio Cuvée de mon Aïeul?

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:

What kind of prices are you guys paying for the Usseglio Cuvée de mon Aïeul?

~$80

Posts: 722 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are most of what everyone is buying readily available at your local stores? I am having a heck of a time sourcing most of these common "big name" bottlings in Canada...

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are most of what everyone is buying readily available at your local stores? I am having a heck of a time sourcing most of these common "big name" bottlings in Canada...

Availability in Ontario
- Beaucastel: Lots
- Le Vieux Donjon: One bottle left in the province
- Telegraphe: Not released, only 2nd wine available
- Grand Veneur Orignes: Can be found.

That is all here.

Posts: 264 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where in Canada are you? Most of these wines make it into BC, but you need to act quickly, because in some cases, they are gone in a day. I have developed a good relationship with some of the product consultants at the BCLDB and they send me an email when something interesting comes in.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Nov 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far:
Beaucastel
Charvin
Clos des Papes

Thinking about adding more Charvin and some Donjon, maybe Pegau.

Posts: 39 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geppetto:
quote:

Where in Canada are you? Most of these wines make it into BC, but you need to act quickly, because in some cases, they are gone in a day. I have developed a good relationship with some of the product consultants at the BCLDB and they send me an email when something interesting comes in.

I'm in Alberta. I've missed out on a few producers, but I've been talking to a distributor lately that has some interesting stuff coming in so at the end of the day, I might just end up with too much which seems to happen far too often Bang

posted Hide Post
Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes

Le Vieux Donjon Châteauneuf-du-Pape

Domaine de la Charbonnière Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Spéciale Les Hautes Brusquières

Victory loves preparation.

Posts: 277 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might look to score some of these at Binny's this Saturday with their 15% off sale.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3496 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stevey:
So, basically, for the most part, y'all buying the same wines as previous CdP vintages. Same old. Anything new?

The new one I picked up half a case of was
Château de Vaudieu Châteauneuf-du-Pape Amiral G

Has anyone tried this yet?

Posts: 998 | Location: Cleveland, Oh | Registered: Aug 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm buying the usuals:

Domaine Pegau cuvee Reservee
Domaine Charvin
Vieux Telegraphe

Then just play it by ear.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3173 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I scored some Pegau and Charvin this morning. I'll also add some VT, VD, and Beaucastel. Maybe nothing else.

Prices are high. I'll have to see whether I can get the equivalent '05s for around the same price, and if so, I might just increase my holdings of '05.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3496 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added some Domaine Pierre Usseglio & Fils Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée de mon Aïeul and Vieux Telegraphe this week. I may look to grab one or two others, but that should just about do it for me. It has been an expensive endeavor between these and the 2010 Bordeaux.

Posts: 3271 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far:
Vieux telegraphe
Janasse chaupin
Ferrand

Probably more too. If I can get a good price on beaucastel I'll pick some up too, but these wines are mostly 50% more than they were a few years ago so I'll be looking at gigondas for better value.

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1358 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My traditional purchase of Clos des Papes welcomed Janasse VV, Reine de Bois, Chaupin. I would really like to try the Beaucastel from 2010 soon before buying. Also grabbed some '09 Janasse VV. I can't wait to try these side by side.

Might have to pop an '03 Clos des Papes tonight.

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prices are definitely much steeper than a few years ago. Looking at replacing some of the usual suspects with cheaper alternatives. A lot of good bottlings from this 2010 vintage.

posted Hide Post
Pegau
Clos Des Pape
Charvin
Donjon

Posts: 808 | Registered: Aug 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do not drink a lot of the CdP, but had to bite on 4 of the '10 Domaine du Pegau Reservee

Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've focused on purchasing some great alternatives (I hope) in the $40-50 range:
Tour Saint-Michel Feminessance
Charbonnière VV
Charbonnière Les Hautes Brusquières
Clos Saint Jean VV

Posts: 149 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: Jul 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post