WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    2010 Chateauneuf du Pape - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Chateauneuf du Pape - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted
Thought I would start a thread to see what 2010 Chateauneuf du Pape's everyone is buying.

2010 gave us an incredible vintage with a lot of promising CdP's. Which producer's have you all been stocking up on?

So far, I have bought some of the following:
2010 Domaine de la Charbonnière Châteauneuf-du-Pape
2010 Domaine de la Charbonnière Cuvée Vieilles Vignes
2010 Domaine de la Charbonnière Cuvée Spéciale Les Hautes Brusquières
2010 Domaine de Marcoux
2010 Beaucastel (waiting on delivery)
2010 Domaine de la Mordoree Cuvee La Reine des Bois
2010 Domaine de Cristia Châteauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought for now only one:

Domaine de Ferrand

Looking foward to buy:

Clos des Papes
Beaucastel
Charvin
Janasse Vieilles vignes

But, planning to buy more from Northen Rhone than south...

Posts: 909 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far I've bought:

Usseglio - Cuvée de mon Aïeul
Janasse - Cuvée Chaupin
Pégaü - Cuvée Réservée

I'll probably buy some Beaucastel and some Janasse VV as well. It's my son's birth year and there's going to be a lot of Rhone in my cellar for him.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2453 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far

Beaucastel
Clos des Papes
Janasse - Chaupin
Janasse - vielles vignes
Usseglio - cuvee de mon Aieul
Vieux Donjon

Might pick up a few Charbonniere VV as well

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2434 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody tried the Marcoux VV? Heard good things about it, but the price is pretty steep.

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of prices are you seeing on the Marcoux vv?

Some of the 2010's that I've bought/enjoyed are:

Vieux Telegraphe Rouge
Vieux Telegraphe Blanc
Beaucastel Rouge
Janasse Chaupin
Janasse VV
Janasse Blanc Prestige and regular
Pegau
Grand Veneur Origines
Grand Veneur VV
Charbonnierre VV
Raymond Usseglio Imperiale
Roger Sabon Prestige

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What kind of prices are you seeing on the Marcoux vv?

There is only one retailer that carries it up here and they have it for $165. I don't have the budget for a six-pack, but hoping to maybe snag a bottle or two.

posted Hide Post
Bosquet des Papes Chante Le Merle - purchased for under $50 before Parker anointed it with a 99.

Sabon Cuvee Prestige

Posts: 131 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Le Vieux Donjon 2010
Chateau de Beaucastel 2010
Bosquet de Papes Chante le Merle VV 2010

Posts: 265 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would normally be all over this, and I may end up doing that, but I've got this bug for red burgundy now and '10 was a good vintage there also. Decisions, decisions.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3496 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
Anybody tried the Marcoux VV? Heard good things about it, but the price is pretty steep.

I had one bottle of the 1998 vintage which we opened at a restaurant on a Friday evening last spring. It absolutely reeked of barnyard and was completely undrinkable. It sat in a decanter all night long and never became approachable. I poured the wine back in the bottle and took it home, and enjoyed a very nice wine 2 days later after the aromas of rotting vegetation and animal poop blew off.

Moral of the story is that Marcoux is a very traditional producer and you might have to make some allowances for that. Banana

Posts: 5180 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought so far:
Beaucastel
Clos des Papes
Le Vieux Donjon

2010 is my daughter's birth year, so I would like to get some more, but I may do the same with Bordeaux after attending the UGC tasting next week.

Posts: 3279 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Le Vieux Donjon
Le Vieux Donjon Blanc
Bosquet de Papes Chante le Merle VV
Grand Veneur Les Origines

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far I have gotten the following wines...

Cuvee Papet Clos du Mont Olivet
Domaine De Giraud Tradition
Domaine De La Janasse Chaupin
Domaine De La Janasse VV
Domaine Grand Veneur Les Origines
Domaine Pierre Usseglio Cuvee de mon Aieul
Domaine Pierre Usseglio Domaine Raymond Cuvee Imperiale
Domaine St.-Préfert Auguste Favier Réserve
Domaine St.-Préfert Collection Charles Giraud
Domaine Tour Saint Michel Feminessance
Le Vieux Donjon

Futures ...
Domaine Giraud Les Gallimardes
Boisrenard Beaurenard
Clos des Papes
Chateau De Beaucastel
Vieux Telegraphe

Most likely will also get some Charvin

Posts: 722 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that has bought any Pégaü?

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2453 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far just a couple each of Vieux Donjon and Telegraphe Le Crau.

Posts: 5519 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:

Futures ...
Boisrenard Beaurenard
Clos des Papes
Chateau De Beaucastel
Vieux Telegraphe

I have been thinking about the Boisrenard Beaurenard lately. Have you had a taste yet?

posted Hide Post
Despite promising myself that I was going to resist buying any more young wines, I found a couple 2010 Rhones that were just too hard to turn away:

- Beaurenard Boisrenard X12
- Donjon X5

That will be it.

Jonanator, the Boisrenard is powerful, with superb, delicious fruit.

Cheers!

Posts: 8575 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:

Futures ...
Boisrenard Beaurenard
Clos des Papes
Chateau De Beaucastel
Vieux Telegraphe

I have been thinking about the Boisrenard Beaurenard lately. Have you had a taste yet?

The 2010 is just starting to arrive in the US, so no, I have not tasted it yet.

Posts: 722 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beaucastel
Clos st. Jean
Galevan
Charbonniere haut brusquires
Pegau reservee
Vieux donjon
Bosquet des papes change le Merle vv

Probably not done yet either.

Posts: 1635 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, basically, for the most part, y'all buying the same wines as previous CdP vintages. Same old. Anything new?

Posts: 1257 | Registered: Oct 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot believe the power Parker has on wine. My Bosquet Des Papes Chante le Merle VV has doubled in value!

This is my first experience of RP's affect on the wine I buy.

Looking forward to drinking this in 10+ years

Posts: 265 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a case of Beaucastel and almost 2 cases of the Donjon. I am still waiting for the Telegraphe and I passed on the Clos des Pape because it was just too much money at this point in my collecting life. I'll keep my eyes peeled for others that make their way into BC.

Posts: 136 | Registered: Nov 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a bottle of the Pegau Reservee today & drinking tonight...excellent but I think I prefer the 2009. The '10 is no slouch though- will end up with both in the cellar for sure.

Posts: 1631 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
I cannot believe the power Parker has on wine. My Bosquet Des Papes Chante le Merle VV has doubled in value!

This is my first experience of RP's affect on the wine I buy.

Looking forward to drinking this in 10+ years

Has anyone tried the Chante le Merle? Worth the hype? or is it another parker dud?