Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Helo!
 Login/Join 
posted
I want to say helo to all friends who like wine very much. This site is good info for people who like many kinds for wine. Execute me for my english, I learn it every day and hope to be better soon so we can talk wine about. There is many wise wine people here who help other people to know wine. Congratulations from Japan!

Posts: 181 | Location: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Dec 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the family. I am originally from Taiwan myself. Almost made a stop in Japan this past Winter when I was in Taiwan.

Stick around, post often. Cool

--------------------------
Powell Yang
Director
Clarets Hong Kong Ltd.

Posts: 7001 | Location: HKG - TPE - TAO | Registered: Sep 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wine Kamikaze,
Welcome to the forums. And we'll EXCUSE you for your English, not EXECUTE (that would mean we're killing you). Smile You get an A-plus simply for trying and I'm sure these forums are as good a place as any to sharpen your language tools.

Cheers!
And remember: Life's too short to drink bad wine.

Posts: 4425 | Location: New Orleans | Registered: Oct 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wine Kamakaze:
Welcome, welcome.
Please tell us how you have learned to enjoy wine and what wines are available in Japan.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7085 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And we'll EXCUSE you for your English, not EXECUTE (that would mean we're killing you).

Although some here do get slaughtered once in a while. Smile

Welcome to the boards and since no one else corrected you out on the topic word of your post, I will - It's: "HELLO", "Helo" is dragonish.

Posts: 7448 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wine Kamikaze,

いらっしゃいませ

Also, you may want to rethink your moniker. The word kamikaze still holds some negative connotations for older Americans.

PH

Posts: 14944 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Also, you may want to rethink your moniker. The word kamikaze still holds some negative connotations for older Americans.
Ha ha ha... I was thinking the same exact thing. Big Grin (Why doesn't this surprise me?).

Go HOKIES!!!

Posts: 4865 | Location: North Plainfield, NJ | Registered: Oct 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too funny mwagner7700! I'm looking forward to raising a glass with you and your bride in Philly. Cool

PH

Posts: 14944 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Wine Kamikaze!
As a fan of many kamikaze shooters in college, don't change a thing!
If I can be Pinot Envy, you can be Wine Kamikaze!

Posts: 3003 | Location: napa valley | Registered: Oct 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I'm looking forward to raising a glass with you and your bride in
Same here.

Go HOKIES!!!

Posts: 4865 | Location: North Plainfield, NJ | Registered: Oct 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello and welcome to the WS Forums! How nice to have a member from Japan. In honor of your joining the site, I have taken the liberty of translating this message into Japanese for you. I hope that you enjoy your time on this site, and we all look forward to reading your tasting notes and reviews. May you live long and prosper.

WS のフォーラムへのこんにちはそして歓迎! 日本からのメンバーを持つこと素晴らしいいかに。あなたの場所の結合を記念して、私はあなたのための日本語にこのメッセージの翻訳の自由を運んだ。私はこの場所のあなたの時間を楽しむ、私達はすべてあなたの味見のノートおよび検討を読むことを楽しみにしていることを望み。生きている長い繁栄するためによろしいです。

Posts: 6429 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I re-enter the Japanese characters, here's what I get:

Today to the forum of WS and welcome! Having the member from Japan it is splendid, how. Commemorating the connection of your place, I carried the freedom of translation of this message in Japanese because of you. I enjoy your time of this place, as for us the desire the thing which enjoys that note and examination of all your tasting are read. You have lived, it may because is long and prospers is.

Posts: 6429 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rothko, did you use babel fish? If so you have to keep it simple, no slang, the smaller the words the better.

pissing people off since 1971!

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Posts: 3475 | Location: oklahoma city, usa | Registered: Aug 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
May you live long and prosper

I also do not think that babel fish can translate Vulcan.

pissing people off since 1971!

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime. ~Potter Stewart

Posts: 3475 | Location: oklahoma city, usa | Registered: Aug 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, that's the problem... I needed a separate Vulcan-Japanese translator!

Razz

posted Hide Post
Konnichiwa, cowboy. Don't pay attention to those trying to provoke you in hope of creating another international confronation. Stick to your guns. Big Grin

Posts: 6988 | Location: ]0^0[ | Registered: Aug 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grunhauser,

平和主義者!! Mad

PH

posted Hide Post
translation:
'i'm one very angry' Mad

Did I guess right? Big Grin

Posts: 6988 | Location: ]0^0[ | Registered: Aug 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please make for happiness! I wish much pleasant encounters with posters of winespectator. Making english sentences were hard someday and wish I do wine loving and drinking brings many people together for joyful satisfacttory understanding with each person and togetherness.

I like America and Japan to produce much more friendship we need so much worldwidth. Wine can do this. We have not production for very nice wine in Japan, sake yes we know making of this beauty drink, but it is not red. Frown Why we not making red sake is very questioned as it would bring joyness to drinkers of many drinks.

Posts reading is pleasure for time i translate it gives me time practicing English communications with new friends. Grunhauser likes to cook things very much, good things and many other things I don't see very much in Japan. Purpledays writes not so much for food and drinking but friendly he is very much to many good posters. Many good postings exists in this string. Symbol of niceness and contemptement. Why make troublesome existance tonight? We can get it on along together with groups of drinking wine individualities. I shall posting drink note of much importance to my wine taste now.

Posts: 181 | Location: Yokohama, Japan | Registered: Dec 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honour remains yours, Wine Kamikaze, as you tower cracefuly above dwarfs.... employed on the wharf of mental fishing expeditions of the past. Look forward to your postings, many to come I presumably understand. Don't be shy, your english is much better than most speak of here. They think highly of themselves, but they do not know the basic rules engagement between vowels and consonants, and lets avoid the topic of punctuation altogether. Native they are still, we give them credit for that and forgive.

p.s.NWR - Which is your favorite pokemon idol? I hate to sound privincial, but I find it hard to move past the disarming likeability of Pikachou.

posted Hide Post
grunhauser,

You are frikkin' killing me this morning! Big Grin

Wrong guess on the translation. Cut and paste this: 平和主義者 here

PH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Pikachou

Now that's some funny stuff. Big Grin

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13439 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do I smell the Wine Wizard on this one ? I know you guys are thinking it so I had to say it.

私は強大なワインの魔法使いである。 私に壊れるクーラーが付いている10,000 本のびんセラーがある。

Posts: 1500 | Location: Dem Hills, CA | Registered: Jan 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome Wine Kamikaze! Post here often as its a pleasure to have someone from Japan visit our forums! Bring your friends as well! I have truely enjoyed reading this thread, and it brightened up my morning! Smile Big Grin Big Grin

We need more of this type of interaction around here.

Jason

Posts: 732 | Location: The Great White North | Registered: May 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flubis:
Do I smell the Wine Wizard on this one ? I know you guys are thinking it so I had to say it.

Anyone ever hear of a guy called Vino Me? Big Grin

Cheers!

Posts: 8297 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post