WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    price of "Two Buck Chuck" raised
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

price of "Two Buck Chuck" raised
 Login/Join 
posted
http://news.yahoo.com/trader-j...chuck-202913137.html

Article says they are calling it "Upchuck" now.
Seems like a good name, though I have never had this product.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7197 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been Three-Buck-(up)Chuck since Trader Joe's opened in Indy about 8-10 years ago.

No reason not to try it. I've never had one I liked, but evidently, they do a respectable job every now and then with the whites.

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been $3 here for as long as I've been drinking wine. It was actually one of the first wines I ever drank. I tossed a syrah into a blind tasting awhile back and it took dead last... except one guy, who had almost no experience drinking wine, who rated it first. So for an introductory wine it does the job.

Posts: 149 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: Jul 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GoBlue2002:
It's been $3 here for as long as I've been drinking wine. It was actually one of the first wines I ever drank. I tossed a syrah into a blind tasting awhile back and it took dead last... except one guy, who had almost no experience drinking wine, who rated it first. So for an introductory wine it does the job.

I dropped the Cab into a blind tasting with $20-$35 offerings/experienced tasters last summer. DF Last as well. Nobody revisited it.

-IB

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've still got a bottle of Two Buck Chuck in the back of a cabinet.

I am cellaring it until it reaches its peak.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their cab or syrah....

One bottle wine + one bottle of their blood orange sparkling soda + some sliced fruit = easy good sangria.

Their wine is pretty much devoid of anything other than simple fruit, so I also like it as a 'toss in' cooking wine for mellow spaghetti night to add a little joy to the sauce.

OK as part of a marinade now and again, too.

"What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?" -Isak Dinesen

Posts: 1294 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the $2/$3 difference has depended on locale and resulting shipping costs. In a Sonoma Trader's last May I saw it for $2, but it's been $3 here in Texas. I assume it'll now be $3.50 here.

From what I've had, as far as actual drinking wine, it's overpriced. I can see using it for cooking and such.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RedLoverJim,

Jim
That's, RedLoverJim to you

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a local grocer here in St Paul that sells Tisdale wine for $26 a case.

Posts: 9502 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For years anyone that was selling it EAST of the Mississippi river it was $3. WEST of the Mississippi it was $2

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5050 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's it, I'm priced out. Why do these wineries keep raising their prices like this? Mad

Posts: 2426 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mountainman:
That's it, I'm priced out. Why do these wineries keep raising their prices like this? Mad

And don't you dare try to flip it, or you'll be cut off.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6868 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedLoverJim: I can see using it for cooking and such.

Most of this stuff is probably the last thing I'd cook with. No reason to cook with something you wouldn't want to drink.

-IB