WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    October 2012: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2012: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
'09 crognolo

What did you think?

Nice. The merlot shows well amd provides a good fruit core. I prefer the polish and precision of the volte at the price point. Went well with baked pasta and rapini.

Posts: 1709 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Domaine Notre Dame des Palieres Gigondas at lunch earlier. Open and ready; not shut down at all. This was at a wine bar/cafe that sells bottles retail then adds $10 corkage for opening while dining there. After our lunch I bought two bottles to bring home. Including the corkage fee, it had to be the best $32 bottle I've had from a restaurant list.

Posts: 5566 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
1994 Lopez de Heredia Todonia Gran Reserva
How did it show?

Tannic but drinkable with tart fruit and excellent freshness. This should age effortlessly but I don't have enough experience with this producer to guess when it might reach its peak. Like you I am becoming a fan of this producer.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
tart fruit

It's a good thing you didn't mix up the first letters of each word Big Grin

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5864 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
tart fruit

It's a good thing you didn't mix up the first letters of each word Big Grin

LOL Dork... LOL

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 2004 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Siduri Pinot Noir Muirfield Vineyard

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6195 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I had dinner with a few friends at J&G in Bal Harbour. Wines were as follows:

Pierre Peters N.V. Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs

2006 Cecile Tremblay Vosne-Romanée Vieilles Vignes

2006 Sine Qua Non Grenache Raven Series WOTN

2003 Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon (Talk about an overrated and overpriced wine). Was a nice wine though; to me a little over extracted with high alcohol. Not worth a third of the release price. I would never seek out this wine

Posts: 2324 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Rasa Vox Populi- a wonderful wine, 100% Mourvedre

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37141 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Usseglio Mon Aieul
2004 Brancaia Il Blu

Posts: 1010 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Gaston Chiquet, Champagne, Special Club
2004 Lamborghini, Campoleone (WOW!)
2009 Clos Mogador, Nelin
2011 Hamilton Russell, Chardonnay (excellent)
2000 Quarles Harris, VP

Posts: 10301 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At dinner with Latour67 and our wives:

1996 Moët & Chandon Champagne Cuvée Dom Pérignon
2009 Shafer Merlot
2007 Shafer Hillside Select

Posts: 3711 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Celebrating 4 years of great memories with my gf tonight at Prospect in SF:
1985 Salon BdB
2003 Sassicaia

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3110 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
1985 Salon BdB
2003 Sassicaia

How was the 03 Sassicaia? Congrats to San Fran on the baseball!

Posts: 1974 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
1985 Salon BdB
2003 Sassicaia

How was the 03 Sassicaia? Congrats to San Fran on the baseball!

Will let you know in about 5 hours VinCentric! Smile And I am VERY happy about the Giants... The Bay Area is enjoying a resurgence not seen since the late 80s with the simultaneous success of the Giants and 49ers... Now if only my beloved Warriors could bring up the back in a more dignified manner.

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3110 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
... Now if only my beloved Warriors could bring up the back in a more dignified manner.

These Warriors? Big Grin

Posts: 15748 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
... Now if only my beloved Warriors could bring up the back in a more dignified manner.

These Warriors? Big Grin

Well done KSC! Smile

The Dude abides.

posted Hide Post
I had a nice lunch with friends last friday:

2011 IL Bianco Brancaia Toscana i.g.t.
2009 Gérard Boulay Sancerre Clos de Beaujeu
1978 Château Léoville Las Cases Grand Cru Classé St-Julien
2004 Domaine Clusel Roch Côte-Rôtie Les Grandes Places
2007 Les Vins de Vienne Sotamun Vin de Pays des Collines Rhodanniennes
1998 Château Sociando-Mallet Haut-Médoc
2004 Château Smith Haut-Lafitte Pessac Léognan
2005 Vin de Constance Klein Constantia Estate

dzitt

Posts: 918 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TPE:
Congrats on the SF Giants and more important to you and A.... for your 4 year anni.

Tonight, Mrs. DP and I shared a 2009 Sbragia Chard and a '99 Tignanello while watching the winds of Sandy make our backyard trees dance.

posted Hide Post
2009 Dehlinger Pinot Noir Goldridge

Posts: 3711 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Sonoma Coast Vineyards Freestone Hills Pinot Noir.

Posts: 9515 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco di Asili - So very young and not giving much
2006 Brovia Garblet Sue - Gorgeous
2006 Sandrone La Vigne - Modern and tannic
2008 Siro Pacenti Rosso di Montalcino PS
2006 Fuligni Brunello di Montalcino Riserva - One of the best young brunelli I have tasted
2006 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcino - Excellent but young
2006 Castello Banfi Poggio alle Mura - Very backward and honestly not very good
1998 Poggio Scallette Il Carbonaione - Complex with tobacco, leather, anise, and dark fruit. I enjoyed it very much.

Posts: 2227 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
2010 Tensley Colson Canyon Vineyard Syrah

How was this? We just killed my next to last bottle of the 2007 and it was awsome

Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2006 Fuligni Brunello di Montalcino Riserva - One of the best young brunelli I have tasted

Interesting. I inadvertently opened one a year ago and found it tighter than..........
I vowed not to open any more for several years. Now I feel compelled to try it again ('cause I truly trust your palate).
The '80 Col D'Orcia was amongst my WOTY choices amongst others we've had the pleasure of sharing.

posted Hide Post
2007 Carlisle RRV Syrah

Posts: 6097 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 August West Pinot Noir Rosella's Vineyard. Classic Rosella's.

Posts: 3618 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post