WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Name the Toronto Wine Crew Contest.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Toronto Wine Crew Contest.
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Toronto Purple Teeths

Posts: 1121 | Location: Nashville / Nebraska | Registered: Feb 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
based on the varied selection they are always boasting about....
the 2 Buck Canucks
Smile

"It was a time of such splendor--charming people, good food, laughter, and brave ideas."
Maya Angelou

Posts: 3003 | Location: napa valley | Registered: Oct 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I walked around all Christmas going "2 pounds of back bacon, and a beer."

---------------
Santa Cruz Mountains Vintage Chart

Posts: 7650 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I recall, tlily, it's:

5 golden toques
4 pounds of back bacon
3 french toast
2 turtle necks
and a beer!

LOL! Big Grin

[This message was edited by Slan on Jan 27, 2004 at 03:14 PM.]

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Why does it hurt when I pee?"

And to think I almost changed my tag line earlier this week to a Frank Zappa quote.

Kevin

"It jumped right up....and grabbed my meat!"

Posts: 724 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Dec 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pinot Envy:
based on the varied selection they are always boasting about....
the 2 Buck Canucks
Smile

Is that American or Canadian?

Perhaps it should be $6.29 Buck Canucks?

What should I do with all these damn dollar coins from my last trip to windsor. The ladies took the American dollars from my nose and mouth, but they wouldn't take the Canadian ones. I guess it's easier the "grab" the paper dollars.

Posts: 724 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Dec 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what about "Toronto, Eh?"

Posts: 301 | Location: Oakville, Ontario | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
toronto wine crew

Posts: 714 | Location: Toronto Canada | Registered: Sep 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has "the Winetarians" been said?

Yes, but I came here for an argument.

Oh! Oh! I'm sorry, this is abuse.

Posts: 5562 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aydinnerred
Dechanters
Frozinstiffs

Posts: 120 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, I made it past 50 posts. Razz

Motley Cru

Posts: 120 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The T-Dot Lounge
Wino Republic of Aboot, Eh?
On-To aboot, eh? Crü
Culturaly Friendly Franco/anglophone Canuckian Winos
Winos of the Great White North
Canada, it's more than beer and pot leaves.
The Mounties
Royal Collection of Big Nosed Canuckians

==================
AIM: Drunken Mariachi

Posts: 1510 | Location: Napa, Ca | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cold Crü

www.vinocellar.com -- Mm-Mm-good

Posts: 3233 | Registered: Dec 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LCBO Hostages

------------------------------
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. -Herbert Spencer

Posts: 3461 | Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like both of the last two....

snow sucks, cold is worse.......

Posts: 10661 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LCBO Victims

Posts: 412 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. - LCBO should be pronounced "Lik-Bo." Razz

Posts: 10878 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DJ Hombre

I have no idea where the "aboot" or "no doot aboot it" came from. I have rarely heard anyone in Canada actually say this. Maybe there is a special area near Acadian Nova Scotia or something where people talk like that!

As far as a name for the group, many of the ideas from our friends south of the border are pretty good. I am very suprised that nobody has used the igloo or dogsled theme.

I am beginning to think the reason that many of the wines we tasted last Saturday were hard to recognize and/or judge was due to the long dogsled ride through the snow many of had and the cold temperature in the Igloo where we held the tasting! Red wine is supposed to be served at 40 degrees F, right? Big GrinRazz Razz

I like the Ontario Winers idea as there is a fair bit of LCBO bashing that goes on here. Or to take it one step further.... Ontario Wine Commies!!!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
P.S. - LCBO should be pronounced "Lik-Bo." Razz

LOL! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the Toronto members have quite a few options to choose from. Why don't the members from Toronto vote here (or email each other privately) and let us know if you have decided on a name.

VM

Posts: 12252 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VM: Sounds like a plan. As a group, I'm sure we'll come up with something appropriate and not disappointing. I'm not sure that all the Toronto off-liners have put in suggestions. Wink

Posts: 5701 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How aboot TITS (Toronto Imperial tasting society)

Cheers,
Fox

Posts: 367 | Location: Earth | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the LCB-Uh-Oh's, eh?

"Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?" - Elf

Posts: 650 | Location: yorba linda, ca | Registered: Jun 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dokta,

I await the outcome. I will also say that the Toronto crew has grown to be a very good size. I'm impressed.

VM

Posts: 12252 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll have to schedule a Toronto vs. Chicago softball tournament!