WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Name the Toronto Wine Crew Contest.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Toronto Wine Crew Contest.
 Login/Join 
posted
Now that the WS members from Toronto have had their first major offline, perhaps it is time for their group to get a name.

My suggestions:

~Mounted Winos
~Ontariophiles
~The Friendly Wine Drinkers With Socialized Medicine
~The Grape White North

I'm sure their are some other suggestions.

VM

Posts: 12367 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need to get a more demanding job VM! Razz Big Grin

(I like the last one best....)

snow sucks, cold is worse.......

Posts: 10783 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is "The Toronto Wine Mafia" taken? Wink

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one sounds kinda kinky but, hey, if the shoe fits....

but, borrowing from some of VM's classic choices, I'd add:

Toron-toniphiles
Nanook of the North And His Roly-Poly Jug Band

Wow, does that sound stupid, or what? Big Grin Wink

"This wine should be eaten, it is too good to be drunk."
Jonathan Swift

Posts: 3848 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: Nov 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about the Toronto Drabtors? Big Grin

I can hardly wait to buy one of your jerseys!

-----------------------------

Cheers.

Posts: 8638 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the most appropriate name would be the Ontario Whiners, since we all seem to enjoy dissing our provincial booze monopoly.

Posts: 10783 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, their flag already has a nice grape leaf on it!

DBW

Posts: 1958 | Location: Maple Glen, PA | Registered: Aug 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ice Winos or The Iced Winos.

It's damn cold up here!

Posts: 10953 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about "The 51st state wine crew"? Big Grin

I intend to die in a tavern; let the wine be placed near my dying mouth, so that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, "God be merciful to this drinker!"
Walter Map [Mapes] c. 1140 - c. 1210
De Nugis Curialium

Posts: 233 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Nov 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can call us the 51st state crew if we can call you the 11th through 60th province crews. Razz

Posts: 10953 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HogTown Swillers

Toronto Ice Whiners or the Bay Street Ice Whiners.

Roll Eyes

I offer sound advice.
That's 99% sound and 1% advice

Posts: 2243 | Location: Vanc. Island, B.C. Canada | Registered: Dec 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought they were still a territory? When did Canada become a State? Is Guam a State now too?

Big Grin Wink

Wine Hosers

I just found Bob and Doug on vinyl at a thrift store, so it's on my mind.

---------------
Santa Cruz Mountains Vintage Chart

Posts: 7683 | Location: Gilroy, CA  | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about:

The Corked Canuks? Razz (tongue in cheek)

LJ

"Drink up, me hardies, YO HO!"

Parkside Church

Griffin House

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a picture of the crew would help in deciding the name.

Posts: 564 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Nov 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, here goes. How about the "GTA Juiceheads"?

Posts: 1910 | Location: oakville, Ontario. | Registered: Jan 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Vintarians"

Posts: 5863 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you were to base it on a photograph, we'd likely be the "Well Hung Swirlers". Big Grin Eek Big Grin

Posts: 5863 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No offense intended here, but you could take your name from one of my favorite streets in the city and call yourselves:

The Dundasses

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37116 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Miami Crew has one called "Pour Que?" Razz

Posts: 1663 | Location: Miami, Fl | Registered: Dec 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't we call them

TCA

(The Canadian Army)

Hee Hee.

DBW

Posts: 1958 | Location: Maple Glen, PA | Registered: Aug 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can nickname them the

'Taints

DBW

PS - Since I spent the entire SARS episode in Toronto last year, I want an honorary slot.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlily:
I thought they were still a territory? When did Canada become a State?

Yup, we're right up there with DC, Puerto Rico and Guam!

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Board-O: continuing with the theme, they could be the Yonge at Heart or the Wine and Spadiners! Razz

tlily: that album is more valuable than it seems, to Rush fans at least, because of Geddy Lee's rendition of "Take Off to the Great White North". Mine is carefully stored along with my Masked Marauders album...

posted Hide Post
The Toronto Teetotalers

Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Why don't we just call them what they are-
" THE DRUNKEN CANUCKS!"
As a tribute to the many Frank Zappa fans on this board you guys could have your own theme song. "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!" Its not likely someone spilled their Y'Quem on a snowdrift. Drink more in '04!

"...soon they'll be bleary eyed under a keg of wine, Down where the drunkards roll." Richard Thompson.

Posts: 504 | Location: New York New York | Registered: Mar 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post