WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 5, 2013 Vintages Release
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 5, 2013 Vintages Release
 Login/Join 
posted
I could not find an existing discussion page for this Release so I'm posting a link to some suggestions:
http://2013january5.webs.com/

Apologize in advance if an earlier posting was missed.....

CHEERS

Posts: 240 | Location: Mississauga | Registered: Feb 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nico - Thanks for the tip on the Pruno. I tried it this past weekend (was the FF lot) and was not really impressed but would be willing to give it another try on the FG lot. If it's half as good as the review then it would still be a good QPR!

Anyone have any feedback on the FG lot?

Posts: 4 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the gassier enough to go pick up 6 more bottles.

Posts: 1553 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Pruno sold out quick, wasn't able to snag a bottle to taste.

Has anyone tasted the '99 Alfred Gratien Champagne? Apparently also released on the 5th.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Jan 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried the La Sala CCR 2008 last night and thought it was a great QPR at $20. A little heftier than I usually like my Chianti, but the acidity and structure were still there to make it work, including with tomato-based dishes. This one flew under the radar so there's still a fair bit of it around.

Posts: 87 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried the FF Pruno and was not impressed either. I haven't bothered searching for anything from the FG lot but I'm curious as to how much it differs from the FF.

Posts: 216 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pruno Schmuno, I bought me a pile of the $13 Boutari. A nice summertime red that I am sure I will tear through starting in July. Smile

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post