WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Holy Crap, Batman! Nova Scotia Bubbly @ $120!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy Crap, Batman! Nova Scotia Bubbly @ $120!
 Login/Join 
posted
A few weeks ago, we had a wine from Jost Vineyards in Nova Scotia that was surprisingly good. What was really amazing was that this wine sells for $11. The reserve bottling, which we did not get to taste, sells for $20. A rather surprising achievement from a wine region that's decidedly under the radar for most of us.

Now I hear about a winery called Benjamin Bridge in the Gaspereau Valley near Wolfville that makes a pair of sparkling wines that sell out at $75 and $120. After our experience with the Jost wine, I am curious. Anyone here tasted these wines?

Posts: 5122 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't but I agree that the few Jost wines I've had were quite nice surprise and well worth the money. The Muscat sticks out for me as the best in the bunch I've had.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2335 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:

Now I hear about a winery called Benjamin Bridge in the Gaspereau Valley near Wolfville that makes a pair of sparkling wines that sell out at $75 and $120.

Are you sure that they sell out? They can price them at whatever amount they want... $1000 a bottle!.... but that doesn't mean anyone's going to buy it.

Posts: 6450 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post