WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Dunn - Howell Mtn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dunn - Howell Mtn
 Login/Join 
posted
Why has WS not rated Dunn Howell Mtn 05/06/07? Any comments/tasting notes on the 07?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Laube and Dunn were fighting over Dunn's "restrained" style...

I looked and Antonio Galloni of the Wine Advocate loved all three vintages, both Howell and Napa bottlings.

Posts: 869 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any comments/tasting notes on the 07?

All (3) vintages you have mentioned are incredible, but I'm partial to the '07 (and even more partial to the '08).

As for TN's, it has been a few months since I have had any of these. Check "cellartracker.com" for some more recent & descriptive notes.

Buy any of these with confidence, but know that all of these need 12+ years in bottle before they are ready. Actually, for the '07/ '08 HM, it's probably more like 20.

Posts: 1569 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just opened one of my 1999 Dunn Howell Mountain and it's still a baby.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why has WS not rated Dunn Howell Mtn 05/06/07? Any comments/tasting notes on the 07?

Does it make a difference to you?

For me, having them side by side blind, I preferred the 2006. So that's what I bought. No clue who rated them what. Later I found that Antonio had rated them and liked them. I've had a lot more than he has, so I found that very nice. He's learning and will be a good critic.

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2630 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post