WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    October 2012: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2012: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Try a splash of leftover champagne to finish off some well browned sauteed mushrooms. Let it glaze up and thicken and you'll be surprised at what it can add to a simple dish like this.

PH

What's "leftover Champagne?"

Smart ass! Razz It's what happens when PH thinks it's a good idea to open "just one more bottle" towards the end of an evening of debauchery. Fortunately, it's only happened with NV stuff so far. And even then, not a lot leftover.....

PH

Posts: 15360 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Pegau Reservee.

Posts: 9515 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some inexplicable reason, Mrs DP and I drink more white wine on weekends at the getaway place than at home. One of our closest friends will only drink Cali-chards. For that reason, bought a few Antica chard (2010) and Sbragia (2009) to have handy up north. Great sipping wines in front of the fire with cheese and breads/crackers. It's that time of year again.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5864 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in search of unique stuff lately..

2011 Arnot Roberts Touriga Nacional Luchsinger Vineyard Rose
2010 Wind Gap Wines Pinot Gris Windsor Oaks Vineyard (12 months on the lees, never seen a wine of this color before)
2011 Éric Texier Côtes du Rhône Blanc

Posts: 5126 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the winery: 2007 Black Prince pinot noir. Spit

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinT,

Posts: 2963 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 halves of 2001 Chateau d'Yquem Banana

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2444 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:

Bow

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6663 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually picked up a third. It was all by itself in the case and it looked so lonely.

Posts: 2444 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually picked up a third. It was all by itself in the case and it looked so lonely.

Did you take the dYquem OWC as well???
Great collectable box to hold all your .375s! Wink

Posts: 15748 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I unfortunately did not. Huge fail on my part.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I unfortunately did not. Huge fail on my part.

Eek CSM- call the store at your earliest convenience!
A OWC for 2001 d'Yquem? Smack

GO GET THE BOX!!! Bang

Posts: 15748 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
N.V. Bollinger Champagne Special Cuvée Brut (magnum)

posted Hide Post
Good work CSM!

Posts: 1325 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x 2010 Saint Cosme Gigondas Le Claux

Posts: 5566 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USChelseafan:
Cerbaiona di Diego Molinari, 2006 Brunello di Montalcino
garagiste mystery case. Not enchanted!

I would be excited about this one if I were you.

Posts: 6097 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife wanted to stock up on some pinot for the holidays...

6 X 2010 Sojourn sonoma coast
6 X 2010 Twomey anderson valley

Posts: 490 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Jun 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in Ohio this week and was gifted a 2007 Cabernet from an Ohio winery.

I can honestly say I have never had a bottle of wine from Ohio in my cellar before. Smile

Posts: 30394 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

I can honestly say I have never had a bottle of wine from Ohio in my cellar before. Smile

I'll say it again: You are a blessed man Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Perfect opportunity to try one.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13671 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post