WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    October 2012: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2012: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
before the end of the year. I promise.

G

Posts: 2104 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thirsty man:
before the end of the year. I promise.

G

invite g-man

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11840 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1 magnum of 2011 Château Thivin Côte de Brouilly Beaujolais @ $19 (less than half price).

VM

Posts: 12195 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clos de la Marechale, 2008 Nuits-Saint-Georges Premier Cru
Camille Giroud, 2006 Charmes-Chambertin Grand Cru
Joh. Jos. Prum, 2008 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese
Dimaine Romaneaux-Destezet, 2010 Vin de Pays Blanc
Simon Bize & Fils, 2009 Savign-les-Baune Premier Cru “Les Marconnets”
Domaine Grand Veneur, 2009 Chateauneuf-de-Pape “Vielles Vignes”
Azienda Agricola Le Ragnaie, 2006 Brunello di Montalcino
Hubert Lamy, 2008 Saint-Aubin Premier Cru “En Remilly”
Clos du Laillou, 2007 Cotes du Rhone “Les Quartz”
Mathilde et Yves Gangloff, 2010 Condrieu
Cerbaiona di Diego Molinari, 2006 Brunello di Montalcino
Chateau Rauzan-Segla, 2009 Margaux

garagiste mystery case. Not enchanted!

Posts: 140 | Location: Near NW of Chicago IL | Registered: Jun 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Pahlmeyer Napa Valley Merlot. At work. Awesome wine 94 pts.

Posts: 9400 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cockburn 1950
Croft 1955

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11840 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
1997 castelgiocondo bdm

Mimik may i know where you bought this? This was the wine we drank when i proposed to my wife and would like to get some more for our anniversary.

Checked winesearcher but closest store was in Florida.

Thanks.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1546 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
1997 castelgiocondo bdm

Mimik may i know where you bought this? This was the wine we drank when i proposed to my wife and would like to get some more for our anniversary.

Thanks.

Zachy's is auctioning a case later this month, Meringue. If you have any difficulty and don't mind a minor upgrade, I have a bottle of 1997 Ripe al Convento Riserva we could work something out on.

PH

Posts: 15012 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
1997 castelgiocondo bdm

Thanks.

I drank the last of my bottles about a year ago or I would have sold it to you. I know that other members of the CWM have some bottles including one that has 4. I can ask if he wants to sell any.

VM

Posts: 12195 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
quote:
1997 castelgiocondo bdm

Thanks.

Zachy's is auctioning a case later this month, Meringue. If you have any difficulty and don't mind a minor upgrade, I have a bottle of 1997 Ripe al Convento Riserva we could work something out on.

PH

Nice of you to offer. Will keep you in mind if unsuccessfull.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1546 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:
quote:
quote:
1997 castelgiocondo bdm

Thanks.

I drank the last of my bottles about a year ago or I would have sold it to you. I know that other members of the CWM have some bottles including one that has 4. I can ask if he wants to sell any.

VM

Thanks please do ask and let me know. My email is gcortega at g mail dot com.

posted Hide Post
4 x 2001 Vendimia Seleccionada Diez-Caballero Rioja Gran Reserva
2 x 2004 Trimbach Gewurztraminer Seigneurs de Ribeaupierre
2 x 2005 Vega Sicilia Pintia Toro

Posts: 2542 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not buying much this year, but couldn't pass on:

6 x NV Duval Leroy Rose (375) @ $18 a piece. Not sure how I go wrong with this one.....

PH

Posts: 15012 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2011 Michel Gassier Costieres de Nimes Nostre Pais Blanc

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2712 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not buying much this year, but couldn't pass on:

6 x NV Duval Leroy Rose (375) @ $18 a piece. Not sure how I go wrong with this one.....

PH

Pretty good QPR...we have the NV up here around 25$/750ml.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2729 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had their NV Brut in some time marcb7, but that sounds pretty good! Hell, you could cook with it at that price...... fwiw, I do like cooking with Champagne from time to time.

PH

posted Hide Post
At local Costco today:
2 x 2006 Chapoutier Les Becasses Cote Rotie
2 x 2004 Ramon Bilbao Rioja Gran Riserva
2 x 2008 Fattoria del Cerro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
4 x 2008 Villa Antinori Toscana

Posts: 2542 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
3 x 2011 Michel Gassier Costieres de Nimes Nostre Pais Blanc

Loved the 2010 - haven't seen any of the 2011 yet.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x 2009 Château de Saint-Cosme Gigondas Valbelle
2 x 2005 Ch. Guiraud (375ml)
1 x 2010 Brotte Châteauneuf-du-Pape Vieilles Vignes
1 x 2001 Sori Paitin Barbaresco Vecchie Vigne
1 x 2008 Antinori Villa Antinori Toscana IGT
1 x 2009 Agricola Punica Montessu Isola dei Nuraghi IGT
1 x 2010 M. Chapoutier Côtes du Rhône Villages Rasteau
1 x 2010 M. Chapoutier Crozes-Hermitage Les Meysonniers
1 x 2010 Lavau Gigondas
1 x 2004 Michele Satta Bolgheri Superiore I Castagni

Saw a 1997 Niepoort Vintage Port, sorta tempted for the price but worried that it is corked...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jonanator,

Posts: 212 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last couple weeks bought from Sojourn, Hansel and some place called Kosta Browne. Think I am done this season.

Posts: 2389 | Location: Windsor, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I haven't had their NV Brut in some time marcb7, but that sounds pretty good! Hell, you could cook with it at that price...... fwiw, I do like cooking with Champagne from time to time.

PH

I do as well PH. It's pretty good for the price and not that I have mimosa's often but it's a good chamber for those and I also use it for a few mixed cocktails as well. But it ain't shabby by itself either!

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2729 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try a splash of leftover champagne to finish off some well browned sauteed mushrooms. Let it glaze up and thicken and you'll be surprised at what it can add to a simple dish like this.

PH

posted Hide Post
09 Chevillon Vaucrains NSG

Posts: 1036 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As result of a tasting at a local shop, 6 each of:
2011 Chante-Perdrix CdP (white)
2009 Chateau Coutin-Merville, St.-Estephe
2010 Santenay Beaurepaire 1er Cru, Charles Thomas
2010 Blagny 1er cru La piece sous le bois, Matrot

As a general conclusion, the 2010 Burgundy vintage was very impressive during the tasting, better than the 2009. Could have chosen half a dozen more labels that i liked a lot, even from less prominent Burg Appellations.

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1870 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try a splash of leftover champagne to finish off some well browned sauteed mushrooms. Let it glaze up and thicken and you'll be surprised at what it can add to a simple dish like this.

PH

What's "leftover Champagne?"

Posts: 10841 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post