WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    October 2012: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2012: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
6 X 2002 Bollinger La Grande Annee

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2397 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiritus:
2010 Volnay, 1er cru Santenots (N. Rossignol)
2009 Montus

I have a few of his 2009 Volnays, need to pick up some 2010s. Would be interested to hear your thoughts on them.

Posts: 1611 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Needed some weekday wine, so bought 6-pack of 2009 Clos de Los Siete.

Posts: 656 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Bergstrom Bergstrom Vineyard Pinot Noir Dundee hills AVA.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
quote:
Originally posted by Vinaigre:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mimik:
2007 Tenimenti Luigi D'Alessandro Migliara Syrah Cortona

Nice, is the vintage supposed to be a good one ?

I have several vintages of Migliara as well as Il Bosco. Tried the 2004 Bosco and it was a beautiful wine that would be best at 10 years of age.
We should do an off line of top syrah wines from all over the world sometime Wink

Not a bad idea, Uncle John.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I PHONE 5.....now if i can only figure out how to use the thing....my 6 y/o will have to show me.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
I PHONE 5.....now if i can only figure out how to use the thing....my 6 y/o will have to show me.

On the other end of the spectrum, my 80-year-old father-in-law just bought an iPad. He's almost never even touched a computer in his life.

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Work took me to Beschia province, so on my return, i took my lunch hour in valpolicella:

Michele Castellani
2 x 2009 corvina seral
2 x 2009 ripasso costamaran...at 10 euro per, how can i not buy this?
2005 amarone campo casalin
2007 amarone 5*

Luigi Righetti
3 x 2009 amarone

Posts: 1097 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While at Costco,

2006 Frescobaldi CastelGiocondo BdM
2009 Vieux Château Mazerat

Posts: 1587 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maison Roche de Bellene Chambolle Musigny "Collection Bellenum" Vertical Case 1995-2002

This is from a large collection of back vintages amassed by Nicolas Potel and relabeled under the name of his negociant house, Maison Roche De Bellene. I won't know who the original producer was until I look at the corks. But M. Potel tasted through some 2,500 older burgundies while selecting only 160 for the Collection Bellenum so I have reason to believe the juice will be of reasonably good quality. This case contains one each from the 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 vintages.

The complete story of the Bellenum Collection is here.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Edmeades Winery Zinfandel Late Harvest Perli Vineyard

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just paid my 4 bottles of 2009 Pontet Canet 6L Banana

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2071 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aav28:

6L... wow.

These should start showing well in 2059 - 2109. A friend of mine in the biz ( best palate I know) tasted this wine at the Chateau. He thinks this wine (.750) will start to show in 25 years, but will really offer something special in 50+ years

I hope you are a VERY young person, aav. Wink

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to purchasing what some may consider one of the better representations of Cabernet Franc.

2004 Le Macchiole Paleo

I've never tried this wine but look forward to it.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Finally got around to purchasing what some may consider one of the better representations of Cabernet Franc.

2004 Le Macchiole Paleo

I've never tried this wine but look forward to it.

Excellent choice. We tried the 2002 a few weeks ago and it was nice, probably the best effort possible given the difficult vintage. But it was nothing like the 2004. Look forward to your impressions when you try it.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by aav28:

6L... wow.

I hope you are a VERY young person, aav. Wink

Cool Eek

What w+a said

Posts: 15478 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aav. what did they cost?

I bought a 6 liter of 1979 Pichon Lalande and 1979 Leoville Las Cases at release, each for the same price. Care to guess the price?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monte Bello Futures...now for a (2) year wait Popcorn

Posts: 1519 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
Monte Bello Futures...now for a (2) year wait Popcorn

I know, there's something fun about taking delivery after the long wait. Then you realize opening one so soon would be infanticide, so you have to wait another five+. I assume these were the 2011?

Posts: 1591 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this weekend's haul:

- NV Bruno Paillard Brut Blanc de Blancs
- NV Gaston Chiquet Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs d'Ay
- NV Jacques Picard Brut Selection X2
- NV Bernard Bremont Brut Grand Cru X2
- NV Godme Brut Blanc de Noirs X3
- 1996 Ch Haut Brion
- 1998 Ch Haut Brion

Cheers!

Posts: 8391 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One each of Jacques Selosse Substance and Rose.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
One each of Jacques Selosse Substance and Rose.

I love Anselme's wines.

Have you enjoyed his Version Originale or Les Carelles?

Give them both a lot of air and do not drink them too cold or even in a Champagne flute. Wink

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigna Giachini x 1
2005 Pio Cesare Barolo x 3
2004 Pio Cesare Barolo x 4
2005 Pio Cesare Barolo Ornato x 1
2004 Aldo e Riccardo Seghesio Barolo x 3

posted Hide Post
6 X 2007 Taylor (375)

Posts: 55 | Location: Washington DC area | Registered: Sep 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x NV Selosse Initiale BdB

Posts: 1587 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post