Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moving Blows
 Login/Join 
posted
Subject says it all. Boxed up and moved 60 cases of wine on Saturday. Euro caves have been removed. Presumably the movers are saving the Vinotemps for last.

Posts: 5958 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Subject says it all. Boxed up and moved 60 cases of wine on Saturday. Euro caves have been removed. Presumably the movers are saving the Vinotemps for last.

try 60 pallets ;-)

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12119 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vinotemps 1 has been removed

Posts: 5958 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you moving to?

Life without wine?...... Yeah Right.
The Unexamined Life Is Not Worth Living - Socrates
"Wine....offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than possibly any other purely sensory thing which may be purchased" ERNEST HEMINGWAY (1889-1961)

ITB

Posts: 5002 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with move. Moving it all south?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36827 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a move coming up in about 6 months in the heat of summer and have a similar amount to move. Not looking forward to it and still unsure how this will happen while preserving my wine temperature throughout the move.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...sounds like an entrepreneurial opportunity. Do any moving companies exist that specialize in relocating wine?

Posts: 1561 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't read any of the article, but the print edition of WS that I just got in the mail yesterday has an article about moving wine. Perhaps there are some suggestions of links to companies that do this.

Posts: 5468 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Board-O - we are not moving it all South yet - hopefully that will not be that far off. We are moving about 4 miles West to the other side of I-95. We will be less than a mile from Miami Atty. The wine is currently waiting at FKG's parents house until we are ready for the move.

posted Hide Post
When's the house warming offline? Wink

Posts: 4541 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best of luck in the new home!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36827 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
I have a move coming up in about 6 months in the heat of summer and have a similar amount to move. Not looking forward to it and still unsure how this will happen while preserving my wine temperature throughout the move.

Try some wine storage facilities. I know a local place here in the DFW area offers that service. They would have the benefit of being able to store in the interim as well.

Jim
That's, RedLoverJim to you

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure your local Ryder truck rental or something similar offers reefer trucks for daily rentals.

Posts: 1662 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
When's the house warming offline? Wink

soon after the move in... maybe March? You'll be the first to know.

Visit my travel blog: http://www.floridakeysgirl.com

Posts: 1103 | Location: Key West | Registered: Feb 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and best wishes on the move.

Maybe it's a good time to pick some of those bottles for the trip down to the Keys.

Smile

Posts: 6456 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Congrats and best wishes on the move.

Maybe it's a good time to pick some of those bottles for the trip down to the Keys.

Smile

We are perpetually moving wine from Hollywood to Key West.

posted Hide Post
Good luck to both of you on the move and the new place!

Posts: 1046 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

xhoser, you are moving up here, right? Should be an easy move and yes, there are companies that will do wine moves. With that amount, I'd consider off site storage up here, and rent a u-haul and move it NOW.

Posts: 289 | Location: just south of Napa Valley | Registered: Jul 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarV100:
Good luck to both of you on the move and the new place!

+1

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3115 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by keytohwy:
quote:

xhoser, you are moving up here, right? Should be an easy move and yes, there are companies that will do wine moves. With that amount, I'd consider off site storage up here, and rent a u-haul and move it NOW.

Key

Yes I will be moving up to east Bay likely Walnut Creek area but haven't even started house hunting yet. Moving will be taken care of by my company but not sure how and if they would handle wine to my satisfaction. I will start the dialogue soon. I was hoping to buy another Vinotemp or possibly build a cellar at the new house to avoid offsite as i prefer to keep it all at home if possible.

Posts: 2546 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by keytohwy:
quote:

Key

Yes I will be moving up to east Bay likely Walnut Creek area but haven't even started house hunting yet. Moving will be taken care of by my company but not sure how and if they would handle wine to my satisfaction. I will start the dialogue soon. I was hoping to buy another Vinotemp or possibly build a cellar at the new house to avoid offsite as i prefer to keep it all at home if possible.

Some LTL's offer refridgerated cargo units if you choose not to move the wine in cooler weather.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post