WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Angry at Wine Spectator for the First Time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Angry at Wine Spectator for the First Time
 Login/Join 
posted
Why did they have to make one of my favorite QPR's #2? Why? Something tells me there will be no more St. Cosme Gigondas under $30 anymore.

I have watched all of you old hats on this board get worked up before, but until now, I just chuckled....

Oh well WS, I still love you.

Posts: 527 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WineTrooper:
Something tells me there will be no more St. Cosme Gigondas under $30 anymore.

I don't think it will have an impact.

Posts: 8803 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't even look at the list. Was it the 2009 or 2010?

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37144 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
quote:
Originally posted by WineTrooper:
Something tells me there will be no more St. Cosme Gigondas under $30 anymore.

I don't think it will have an impact.

Agree. Minimal, if any, impact on future releases, anyway.

FWIW, I just saw an offer for '09 Relentless at about the same price previous vintages had been selling before the '08 was ranked #1.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3242 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a bottle of it in Walla Walla and brought it home. I believe it was $28.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37144 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmo:

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13671 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either, although most of the 2008s are off the market now. If it's still up, check out this nitwit on WineBid. Price is $160. Time to sell that $28 bottle.

Relentless

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2678 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregT:
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either.....

It's kind of spotty. I did some quick checks on a couple top 10s from this year and didn't see the kind of spikes I used to see when I followed this stuff more closely.

That said, the 2006 WOTY (2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova) has a current average WineSearcher bottle price of $219. I think official release price was $60, and many of us bought (and actually received) this wine from Premier Cru @ $40.

PH

Posts: 15360 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
quote:
Originally posted by elmo:

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12523 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either.....

It's kind of spotty. I did some quick checks on a couple top 10s from this year and didn't see the kind of spikes I used to see when I followed this stuff more closely.

That said, the 2006 WOTY (2001 Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova) has a current average WineSearcher bottle price of $219. I think official release price was $60, and many of us bought (and actually received) this wine from Premier Cru @ $40.

PH

The 2005 CC Reserve is 80 to 120 on there. Not bad for a 20 dollar bottle of over rated juice. I knew I should have bought a whole case. Now if I could just figure out how to ship the stuff...

Posts: 2302 | Location: NH Seacoast | Registered: Oct 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. Now I feel a little better.... Smile

Posts: 527 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Aug 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good price.

I don't think the WOTY has a long-term impact on pricing either, although most of the 2008s are off the market now. If it's still up, check out this nitwit on WineBid. Price is $160. Time to sell that $28 bottle.

Relentless

Up to $270 now. Eek

Posts: 1893 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
quote:
Good price.

Relentless

Up to $270 now. Eek

Madness. The Utah ABC is showing bottles @ $60. gigabit, do they exist?

PH

Posts: 15360 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post