Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bryant family
 Login/Join 
posted
I'm on the Bryant list and have been allocated 12 cabs, 12 Bettina's and 12 DB4's. they are offered at $450,$450, and $95. When I look at Parker's ratings they are saying Bettina release price is $335 Is Parker wrong? Are members on the list getting overpriced? Feedback appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was the release price on last year's offer, for the '09 vintage.

There's not much of a wait to get on this list anymore. I bought last year, but passed this time due to the absurd price increase. A good indication as to how they are "overcharging" is to look at the secondary market sales. With Bryant, like many others, one is able to purchase back vintages for much lower prices than current release, even when they aren't receiving top scores. I bring up scores simply because it's such a determining factor in market price.

Nonetheless, Bryant is perfectly free to charge whatever they like. If they are selling out, good for them. But seeing how I am getting a ton of "Last Call" emails from various cult producers, I doubt it...

Posts: 1469 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
That was the release price on last year's offer, for the '09 vintage.

There's not much of a wait to get on this list anymore. I bought last year, but passed this time due to the absurd price increase. A good indication as to how they are "overcharging" is to look at the secondary market sales. With Bryant, like many others, one is able to purchase back vintages for much lower prices than current release, even when they aren't receiving top scores. I bring up scores simply because it's such a determining factor in market price.

Nonetheless, Bryant is perfectly free to charge whatever they like. If they are selling out, good for them. But seeing how I am getting a ton of "Last Call" emails from various cult producers, I doubt it...

Hey guys . . . bought both the Bettina and Cab just 3 weeks ago at release. Both are selling for $425. Tax (depending on where you live) and shipping bring per bottle price into the $450 - $470/range/

Posts: 2173 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jun 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a Q & A I did with Mr. Bryant a few months back...

ITB
personal blog: www.coloradowinepress.com

Posts: 248 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: Aug 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RonBurgundy:

Good read.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RonBurgundy:

And here I thought I was going to see a video of Anchorman, Ron Burgundy, interviewing Mr. Bryant.

I am disappoint.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who the f buys this stuff??

$12K on cali cab??

Posts: 4870 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
And here I thought I was going to see a video of Anchorman, Ron Burgundy, interviewing Mr. Bryant.
I am disappoint.

Now that would be interesting!!!

ITB
personal blog: www.coloradowinepress.com

Posts: 248 | Location: Littleton, CO | Registered: Aug 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post