Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
d'YQuem
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
What? When I purchased it, it was $475.


I could be mistaken. My local product consultant pointed out the $100 reduction to me 3-4 weeks ago, before the Oct sale list came out. Was $475 the release price?
 
Posts: 1616 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
According to the vintages site it shows $475.95


Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.
 
Posts: 2278 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
According to the vintages site it shows $475.95


On clearance at the LCBO for $100.05 off (notice the extra enticement from the nickel):

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/...EN&itemNumber=682518
 
Posts: 12 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Oct 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uwphysmed:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
According to the vintages site it shows $475.95


On clearance at the LCBO for $100.05 off (notice the extra enticement from the nickel):

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/...EN&itemNumber=682518


Last thing I needed to know hahaha. Thanks for the update. At that price, it's actually worth a buy.


Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.
 
Posts: 2278 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I would like to try the 2001 d'Yquem. Wine Spectator and Parker both gave this sauternes 100 points! But alas, prices seem to be going up, at least for the 375 ml bottles anyway.

https://truebottle.com/index.h...rame=6&excludeterms=
 
Posts: 45 | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by uwphysmed:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
According to the vintages site it shows $475.95


On clearance at the LCBO for $100.05 off (notice the extra enticement from the nickel):

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/...EN&itemNumber=682518


Last thing I needed to know hahaha. Thanks for the update. At that price, it's actually worth a buy.


AML: looks like the bottle at Burnamthorpe is still there, and is at the $375 price.
 
Posts: 1616 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by uwphysmed:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
According to the vintages site it shows $475.95


On clearance at the LCBO for $100.05 off (notice the extra enticement from the nickel):

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/...EN&itemNumber=682518


Last thing I needed to know hahaha. Thanks for the update. At that price, it's actually worth a buy.


AML: looks like the bottle at Burnamthorpe is still there, and is at the $375 price.


If I had not just blown and insane amount of $$$$ on classics and the Auction, I would be all over this like a fat kid on a smartie....totally worth $375 and will be an absolute legend in 30-100 years....
 
Posts: 1102 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
That's right Dave, if you can find it!
 
Posts: 45 | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric: Was $475 the release price?


$319 1/2s
$629 750s


http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/
 
Posts: 2059 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Solomon211:
That's right Dave, if you can find it!


Pretty easy to find, you just have to be willing to pay the tarriff.


Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.
 
Posts: 2278 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I've had the 2001 Yquem maybe 4-5 times and it is a 100 pointer every time. If you can afford it(even if it is the only bottle you'll buy in a month), it is well worth the price of admission.


***********************
"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com
 
Posts: 6503 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
I've had the 2001 Yquem maybe 4-5 times and it is a 100 pointer every time. If you can afford it(even if it is the only bottle you'll buy in a month), it is well worth the price of admission.


Just to add in a contrasting viewpoint: I think the 01 Yquem is stellar but was a tad closed when I tried it about a year ago. The 01 Fargues tasted the same day was perhaps a tad more enjoyable and is a superb wine in its own right. I have no doubt that the 01 Yquem will be legendary after more development and I would encourage everyone to try it if they can, but if you cannot I think there are many wines that are somewhat close (01 Fargues, 01 Suduiraut).
 
Posts: 247 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Nov 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aagrawal:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
I've had the 2001 Yquem maybe 4-5 times and it is a 100 pointer every time. If you can afford it(even if it is the only bottle you'll buy in a month), it is well worth the price of admission.


Just to add in a contrasting viewpoint: I think the 01 Yquem is stellar but was a tad closed when I tried it about a year ago. The 01 Fargues tasted the same day was perhaps a tad more enjoyable and is a superb wine in its own right. I have no doubt that the 01 Yquem will be legendary after more development and I would encourage everyone to try it if they can, but if you cannot I think there are many wines that are somewhat close (01 Fargues, 01 Suduiraut).


01 Rieussec?
 
Posts: 1616 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
01 were sold out at summerhill


wine+time+friends=wonderful world
 
Posts: 188 | Registered: Mar 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yuka the 2 at the Leaside store sti were there last night when I went to pick up my Classics order.


Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.
 
Posts: 2278 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I have to figure out how to be in the neighborhood when Board-O opens his last 1967.

PH


+1


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 2905 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I have to figure out how to be in the neighborhood when Board-O opens his last 1967.

PH


No fair - 1967 is my birth year, and I'll take him to dinner at Kiki's if he brings it this way! Banana


My Birth Year, too. If you can talk him into it, I might drive over there and split the dinner bill with you!


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 2905 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by aagrawal:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
I've had the 2001 Yquem maybe 4-5 times and it is a 100 pointer every time. If you can afford it(even if it is the only bottle you'll buy in a month), it is well worth the price of admission.


Just to add in a contrasting viewpoint: I think the 01 Yquem is stellar but was a tad closed when I tried it about a year ago. The 01 Fargues tasted the same day was perhaps a tad more enjoyable and is a superb wine in its own right. I have no doubt that the 01 Yquem will be legendary after more development and I would encourage everyone to try it if they can, but if you cannot I think there are many wines that are somewhat close (01 Fargues, 01 Suduiraut).


01 Rieussec?


I've tried the Rieussec twice now over the past few years, and though it was excellent it did not quite reach the level of the others. I think it's still quite young and needs time to integrate better, but I'm hopeful that it will match and surpass some/most of the others (especially the Suduiraut) with age.
 
Posts: 247 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Nov 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Yuka the 2 at the Leaside store sti were there last night when I went to pick up my Classics order.


thx CSM, I got few from summerhill already which come from a OWC and never being displayed.


wine+time+friends=wonderful world
 
Posts: 188 | Registered: Mar 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
01 Rieussec

The 2001 01 Rieussec is an amazing wine. Unbelievable. Maybe not quite as good as the '01 d'Yquem but at the lower cost there is nothing better!
 
Posts: 45 | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© Wine Spectator 2013