WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Why no SAQ price alert thread?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why no SAQ price alert thread?
 Login/Join 
posted
As an Ontario resident, I very much appreciate the heads ups from posters about savings at our resident monopoly.

Just wondering why there isn't a similar standing thread from our Quebec cousins?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce Hayes,

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be that the SAQ advertises all their sales online. Wish the LCBO did the same. Roll Eyes

Posts: 260 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, you'd be much better served if you just downloaded the SAQ App.
Then you will always be alert to any sale AND you'll be able to quickly see what outlets have the wines you're looking for and how many in stock. A great App Wink

Posts: 15576 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Bruce, you'd be much better served if you just downloaded the SAQ App.
Then you will always be alert to any sale AND you'll be able to quickly see what outlets have the wines you're looking for and how many in stock. A great App Wink

I assume this app isn't available for Blackberry, which is what I have?

I do subscribe to the on-line newsletter, so I see sale info there.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
I assume this app isn't available for Blackberry, which is what I have?

iPhone & Android.

Good reason to change your phone Razz

Posts: 15576 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well hate to burst the SAQ app love bubble but it is quite inaccurate. I've searched wines using the key word search and it didn't appear on the iphone app but did so using the saq.com site. Similarly, the bar code scanner doesn't work very well sometimes.

It has cool graphics, though. Spit

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6616 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...I've never had that problem. I do know that it is not forgiving to spelling errors Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Hmmm...I've never had that problem. I do know that it is not forgiving to spelling errors Razz

I couldn't find bordo or chambly using the app.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6616 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post