WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Premier Cru 09 Bdx
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Premier Cru 09 Bdx
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has received their 09 futures from PC?

As you have guessed, I haven't. None yet.

Here's what I ordered, so I'm curious if anyone has received any of them:

- Pontet Canet
- Pichon Baron
- Roc (Cotes de Castillon)
- St. Paul

I'm too worried about the latter two as I dont expect prices to change much, but I've purchased the former two at pre Parker spike in ratings.

Thanks!

Posts: 60 | Location: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Apr 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahaha, that's pretty funny.

I wouldn't ever buy from them, it would make me crazy. I'm pretty sure they're still delivering 2005s! I'm too lazy, but there's a long thread about this.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5568 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just recieved my 2009 Bordeaux futures from k+L. You might be waiting awhile since you ordered from premier cru. I have recieved my 2009 Cdp futures from premier cru though.

Posts: 9482 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for some '04 Brunello, good luck.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”—Winston Churchill”

Posts: 3470 | Location: Vermont | Registered: Sep 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pretty much what grossie said.

i would be shocked if you received those wines this year, and very surprised if you received them next year.

PC is famous for this. Attractive pricing, and absolutely no guarantee of when your wine will be delivered.

Do some searching on the forum and you'll find some threads about people still waiting for 05 and 06 Bordeaux.

Posts: 5054 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have delivered most of my 2006 BDX. I am still waiting on a case for that year. To their benefit, their prices are good and they delivered other 2006 BDX that I ordered just recently. However, the wait is LONG, expect your 2009 to arrive by 2015 or 2016.

Posts: 61 | Location: Irvine, CA | Registered: Nov 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djdaqm:
They have delivered most of my 2006 BDX. I am still waiting on a case for that year. To their benefit, their prices are good and they delivered other 2006 BDX that I ordered just recently. However, the wait is LONG, expect your 2009 to arrive by 2015 or 2016.

Maybe it has not been bottled yet! Wink

Daniel Posner
www.grapesthewineco.com-
"But is anyone speaking for consumers' best interest? One liquor store owner, Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Company..."-Wine Spectator
"One of the most important retailers in the country"-Wall Street Journal, November 2010
"(T)hese are the kind of posts we've come to expect from NY Retailer."-Board-O
"You're not here to help us. You're here to help yourself..."-Board-O
"You a liar and your motives here are clear to all. Let me repeat- you are a liar."-Board-O

Posts: 752 | Location: New York | Registered: May 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NY Retailer:
quote:
Originally posted by djdaqm:

Maybe it has not been bottled yet! Wink

You see... with some vendors the vintage is not the year of harvest, but the year of planting the grapes. Didn't you know?

Posts: 61 | Location: Irvine, CA | Registered: Nov 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post