WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Help re Consolidating and/or Shipping from UK or Europe ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help re Consolidating and/or Shipping from UK or Europe ?
 Login/Join 
posted
Folks

Anyone with experience in having wines either:

a) consolidated and then shipped
b) direct shipped from the winery or retailer

with said wines being located on the Continent or the UK, and shipped to the USA (NY).

I am particularly interested in means of shipment (need to avoid wine deterioration, especially for older bottles), shipping cost (for a bottle or a 6 case or 12 case, or ...) and shipping time.

Any suggested agents or forwarders or retailers? Fyi, I am not talking about Ontario based agencies that rep specific wines. I understand that channel.

Looking at Wine-Searcher, overseas selection and pricing is very enticing. If it can work and be cost effective.

Feel free to email jhcolman @ rogers dot com

Thanks for your advice.

Jhcolman

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhcwine,

I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. - Bishop of Seville

Posts: 867 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jul 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post