WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Decanting advice on 09 Ridge Pagani Ranch Zinfandel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decanting advice on 09 Ridge Pagani Ranch Zinfandel?
 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone opened one of these babies lately? Don't see any TNs here for this vintage. Thanks.

Posts: 1006 | Location: Back in the 'burbs of D.C. | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone? Bueller?

Posts: 1006 | Location: Back in the 'burbs of D.C. | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Newsguy,

I do not drink Zin, so no help. I'm curious what you are thinking. Are you thinking the wine is not ready, or severe sediment, or... ?

There was a time I drank Zin, but never decanted a single bottle. When I think Pagani Zin from Ridge, I still think vanilla smell and taste. Smack

Just curious.

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I agree w W + A. I can't remember ever decanting a Ridge Zin.

Not that you couldn't. But usually it's pop and pour.

"The best part is how he said the ENGLISH language. Fine irony. Use American next time."

Posts: 2594 | Location: NY | Registered: Dec 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've popped the '08 & '09 Ridge Lytton Springs recently, and they both needed around a (2) hour decant. Great wine, and good QPR.

I'm not huge on Zin either, but anything from Ridge or back vintages of Ravenswood "Old Hill" rarely disappoint.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would just decant for 45 minutes and see where it goes in the glass from there over the next few hours. I just recently opened a 1999 Ridge Lytton Springs that was just beautiful.

Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post