WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    LCBO Price Alert
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCBO Price Alert
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
K&L just reduced the 2007 Saffredi to $50. I kind of wish the LCBO had a "price match guarantee."

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
I kind of wish the LCBO had a "price match guarantee."

Fut, you crack me up. What's next on your crazy wish list - a functional website? Responsive customer service? Maybe a decent selection of back vintages?

LOL

Posts: 2932 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
d.) All of the above!

Razz

C'mon, my post was hilarious. As if the LCBO would ever have a price match guarantee. Even now that McGuinty has resigned. And no, I'm not trying to make this a political thread!

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to start a thread called "Futronic for Premier".

Vote early! Vote often!

Posts: 2932 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 Save me a seat on that campaign bus!

I assume by now everyone is aware that there is an unadvertised Vintages delist going on. It started on Oct 1 and got more seriously ramped up on the 15th.

My purchases have been:

1 x 2007 Paul Hobbs Cuvee Augustina Richard Dinner Chardonnay
1 x 2009 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille
1 x 2009 Peter Chardonnay La Carriere
2 x 2008 Philip Togni Cabernet Sauvignon (double markdown)
2 x 2006 Clarendon Hills Grenache Onkaparinga
2 x 2007 Saffredi
2 x 1994 Warre's VP

Posts: 5181 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
+1 Save me a seat on that campaign bus!

I assume by now everyone is aware that there is an unadvertised Vintages delist going on. It started on Oct 1 and got more seriously ramped up on the 15th.

My purchases have been:

1 x 2007 Paul Hobbs Cuvee Augustina Richard Dinner Chardonnay
1 x 2009 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille
1 x 2009 Peter Chardonnay La Carriere
2 x 2008 Philip Togni Cabernet Sauvignon (double markdown)
2 x 2006 Clarendon Hills Grenache Onkaparinga
2 x 2007 Saffredi
2 x 1994 Warre's VP

And, naturally, there is no mention of this sale on the Vintages web site!

Posts: 587 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much for the Hobbs? What is the reduction?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5838 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
How much for the Hobbs? What is the reduction?

$130 --> $100

(The 08 vintage is $109 at regular price)

Posts: 5181 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Fall Line Winery Red Artz Vineyard
39% cabernet franc, 36% merlot, 25% cabernet sauvignon

Speaking of double markdowns, I thought this was good QPR at $30 after a price drop from $36. Now it's $25.

posted Hide Post
Damn, I bought it at 36, then a couple at 30 just as the price came down. I wonder if the lcBO does price adjustments, at the very least.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jun 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL

posted Hide Post
At my local LCBO today, the 2007 Larrivet Haut Brion Blanc was marked down from $55 to $38.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5838 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 47 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Apr 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sale is a very rare and welcome deal in many cases, especially for California wines, which is even more rare and welcome that for many others. I've bought several that are selling for nearly or sometimes less than the US average on Winesearcher, for example:

-l'Avion
-Reininger Ash Hollow syrah
-Ravenswood Belloni zin
-Parable shiraz
-Testament shiraz
-Onkaparinga grenache

And even ports!

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10744 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Ash Hollow. A really good American syrah.

Posts: 265 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...but I'd ditch the l'Avion.

posted Hide Post
+1 on the l'Avion.

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
This sale is a very rare and welcome deal in many cases, especially for California wines, which is even more rare and welcome that for many others. I've bought several that are selling for nearly or sometimes less than the US average on Winesearcher, for example:

-l'Avion
-Reininger Ash Hollow syrah
-Ravenswood Belloni zin
-Parable shiraz
-Testament shiraz
-Onkaparinga grenache

And even ports!

Thanks for the tip on the Ash Hollow. I picked up three.

Posts: 587 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agreed on the ash hollow. just grabbed the last 3 at the Brock St. store.

Posts: 1656 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried the Ash Hollow last night. Great northern Rhone-ish nose of iodine, black olives and game meat. But the Rhone comparison ends there, IMO, as I found the Ash Hollow heavier and more viscous than most N. Rhones I've tried. All in all though, great QPR at $28. I will let the other bottles I have sleep for a few years as I'd like to see how this might develop.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Tried the Ash Hollow last night. Great northern Rhone-ish nose of iodine, black olives and game meat. But the Rhone comparison ends there, IMO, as I found the Ash Hollow heavier and more viscous than most N. Rhones I've tried. All in all though, great QPR at $28. I will let the other bottles I have sleep for a few years as I'd like to see how this might develop.

Thanks for the info.

posted Hide Post
quote:

How was the acid profile? I can deal with viscosity, as long as there is complimentary acidity.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AML, if you're looking for a wine to pair with food, this probably isn't the best choice. This wine is food.

Edit: Upon reflection, that comment wasn't fair. It would go fantastically well with grilled dead cow or smoky BBQ ribs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinT,

posted Hide Post
quote:
AML, if you're looking for a wine to pair with food, this probably isn't the best choice. This wine is food.

Edit: Upon reflection, that comment wasn't fair. It would go fantastically well with grilled dead cow or smoky BBQ ribs.

I'm not sure about the incinerated cow, but smoked ribs or grilled horsemeat should pair well with this wine.

Steak tartare (horse or cow) might work as well.

posted Hide Post
Picked up some Drouhin (Oregon) Arthur Chardonnay 2008 for $14 each at the Major Mac/Weston LCBO. Price seems too good to be true. Am I missing something?

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post