WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    LCBO Price Alert
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCBO Price Alert
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
"Finally" got the three bottles of 2010 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes I ordered in November from VSO.

Opened the box and discovered three bottles of the 2009 and not the 2010. Sigh.

Just got off the phone with Vintages and, you guessed it, my options are to keep the wine or return it and get my money back. To make matters worse, they insisted that the vintage I ordered from VSO was the 2009 and not the 2010 and that if the VSO site stated it was the 2010, then that was a mistake.

Sooo, am I crazy or did others order and receive the 2010 vintage??? Mad

Those may indeed be the only options they will give you. But the 6 bottles I received from VSO are the 2010 vintage of Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes. (I went and double checked before posting.)

So whoever you spoke to at Vintages doesn't know what they are talking about. Is that a surprise? Bang

Posts: 5117 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
"Finally" got the three bottles of 2010 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes I ordered in November from VSO.

Just got off the phone with Vintages and, you guessed it, my options are to keep the wine or return it and get my money back. To make matters worse, they insisted that the vintage I ordered from VSO was the 2009 and not the 2010 and that if the VSO site stated it was the 2010, then that was a mistake.

Just checked...got the 2010. Do you have an invoice with the vintage...not that it would change any minds.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcamp:
quote:
quote:

Just checked...got the 2010. Do you have an invoice with the vintage...not that it would change any minds.

I have an invoice but for "some reason" the vintage date is illegible.

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

You could log onto VSO and look at your order history. Print out the invoice from there and see what it reads.

Posts: 10878 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
Bruce,

You could log onto VSO and look at your order history. Print out the invoice from there and see what it reads.

Thanks. Just did that and, sure enough, it states 2010.

In the end, it doesn't matter as the Vintages person confirmed that the wine is sold out. I guess I'll return the 2009. Have been spending more than I should lately, so returning this will help.

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Antinori Solaia is currently $200 at my LCBO and the 2009 Sassicaia is $140.

Might be pulling the trigger on these.

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chard:
2009 Antinori Solaia is currently $200 at my LCBO and the 2009 Sassicaia is $140.

2009 Sassicaia is a beauty and at $140 a steal! IWC(Tanzer) gave it 97 points and Suckling gave it 98! I would buy more Sassicaia and pass on the Solaia.

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 718 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

And which LCBO might that be, exactly? Wink

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10661 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:

Planning on taking a little trip "down the road"?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, no, not at all, I'm just curious, really! Devilish Why do you ask? Wink

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10661 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, no, not at all, I'm just curious, really! Devilish Why do you ask? Wink

No reason. Just being nosy!

posted Hide Post
Sorry fellas, only one of each.

They were part of the scratch & dent sale.

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chard, once you purchase the bottles you want, perhaps you might want to consider releasing the store details so that others on this board can at least be aware of which stores in the London area employ this practice (i.e. store level markdowns) as I'm sure not all do so.

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah chard. Pray tell us where you got them bottles. Otherwise the toronto wine cru and their posse may have to kill ya! Wink

Vijay, I got your back Wink

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This sale is a very rare and welcome deal in many cases, especially for California wines, which is even more rare and welcome that for many others. I've bought several that are selling for nearly or sometimes less than the US average on Winesearcher, for example:

-l'Avion
-Reininger Ash Hollow syrah
-Ravenswood Belloni zin
-Parable shiraz
-Testament shiraz
-Onkaparinga grenache

And even ports!

The 08 L'Avion Roussanne has dropped below $30 now. And still has far to go! Ack

Posts: 5117 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:

Thanks dude. I could care less about what's being sold in London myself but am not one to refuse qualified backup.

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah chard. Pray tell us where you got them bottles. Otherwise the toronto wine cru and their posse may have to kill ya! Wink

Bring it, you won't get past the Tri Cities as my K-W posse will intercept.

WEST SIDE forever! Razz

Fanshawe Road LCBO in London, I will post all sale items tonight.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

WEST SIDE forever! Razz

We got your back Chard Wink

Posts: 1134 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:
quote:
quote:

WEST SIDE forever! Razz

We got your back Chard Wink

What is this, West Side Story??

posted Hide Post
quote:

More like Brokeback Mountain. LOL

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As requested:

2007 Chateau Certan De May $90.30 ($129.00)

2007 Chateau Rauzan-Segla $63.00 ($90.00)

2007 Chateau Troplong Mondot $80.05 ($115.00)

2007 Domaine De Chevalier Blanc $86.80 (124.00)

2007 Chateau de Fargues $61.60 ($88.00)

2007 Smith Haut Lafitte Blanc $79.80 ($114.00)

2008 Chateau Pontet Canet $90.30 ($129.00)

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

More like Brokeback Mountain. LOL

Banana

Posts: 1292 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of noon today at Trafalger & Dundas Oakville (1 bottle) in clearance.
- L'Aventure Estate Cuvée 2009 $60

Posts: 256 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not quite sure to what degree this is an alert. Noticed today at Weston and 401:

San Fabiano Calcinaia Cerviolo 2006 to $35 down from $50 (which seems like an insane ripoff to begin with) - bought none, probably ~ 6 left on the shelf

Terrabianca Croce CC Riserva 2007 down to $20 from $28 - bought 2, maybe 4 or 5 left on the shelf

There might be a single bottle of 2006 San Filippo Lucere BdM down to $35 from $50 but no promises.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
As of noon today at Trafalger & Dundas Oakville (1 bottle) in clearance.
- L'Aventure Estate Cuvée 2009 $60

but it was released at $58!! Confused