WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    LCBO Price Alert
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCBO Price Alert
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I picked up a couple more bottles of 2003 Chapoutier Chante Alouette Hermitage Blanc which has been reduced to $60.75 from its original price of $75.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen some stores start to clear inventory with 30% discounts again recently. (They stopped doing this before the Christmas season.) Some of the wines I have picked up over the past week are:

2004 Tawse Chardonnay Robyn's Block @$33 (reg $48)
2004 Ch Grand Puy Lacoste @$48 (reg $69)
2004 Ch Bellegrave @$31 (reg $45)
2004 Bouchard Volnay Caillerets @$43 (reg $62)
2005 Vincent Sauvestre Corton-Marechandes @$40 (reg $58)
2004 Vasse Felix Heytsbury Cabernet Sauvignon @$40 (reg $58) - I actually only paid $25 for this due to a pricing error
2004 Burge Family Olive Hill @$30 (reg $44)
2001 Quercetto La Corte @$49 (reg $59)

Posts: 5079 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
I picked up a couple more bottles of 2003 Chapoutier Chante Alouette Hermitage Blanc which has been reduced to $60.75 from its original price of $75.

Thank-you for pointing that out. I backed the truck up today. Smile

Posts: 106 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Sep 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a buy at $75, in my opinion. A steal at $60! Really, really great stuff.

Posts: 10810 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2004 Tawse Chardonnay Robyn's Block @$33 (reg $48)
Thanks for the heads up! This is one of the very few local wines that I like. I picked up a few bottles this afternoon.

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which stores have them on sale? I was in Sherwood Forrest this afternoon and they knew nothing about it. They scanned the Volnay and the Heytsbury and the regular prices came up.

Would love to pick some up. Thanks.

Posts: 556 | Location: Mississauga | Registered: Nov 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello

does anyone have the web site for the entire list of markdowns??

Here was url for the Jan 2008 Markdowns as an example - but I can;t remember where I got it from ...

http://www.freewebs.com/winething7/

Posts: 170 | Location: Kingsville, ON | Registered: Mar 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of these markdowns are done at the store level. I bought the Tawse and several others at the Dupont St store.

posted Hide Post
Has anyone been to the learance / outlet centre in Toronto just south of the 401. I've been there a couple of times but pricings have been only okay.

Posts: 319 | Location: MA, USA | Registered: Nov 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went there once about 4 years ago. Waste of time.

However, if you want to hear another reason why the LCBO should be privatised, ask someone why the clearance centre is located at Rexdale Blvd instead of Ajax as originally planned.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WineDaddy:
Which stores have them on sale? I was in Sherwood Forrest this afternoon and they knew nothing about it. They scanned the Volnay and the Heytsbury and the regular prices came up.

I second that question... in both Vintages.com and LCBO.com there is nothing showing these special prices.
I'm looking mainly for the 2004 Ch Grand Puy Lacoste @$48.
Any advice... Advanced thanks, Gaby.

www.gpci.blogspot.com

Posts: 185 | Registered: Apr 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Grand Puy Lacoste was one of the in-store markdowns I referred to above. It would not show up on their search pages.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I went there once about 4 years ago. Waste of time.

However, if you want to hear another reason why the LCBO should be privatised, ask someone why the clearance centre is located at Rexdale Blvd instead of Ajax as originally planned.

Okay I give up...why is it in Rexdale? BTW TIA!

Posts: 319 | Location: MA, USA | Registered: Nov 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I have to give up too! Big Grin I was told the story a couple of years ago, but now I can't remember the sordid details any more. However, it did have the usual wretched plot involving some kind of personal monetary gain by one of our politicians. Are you surprised? (naturally, what else would you expect?)

Meanwhile, speaking of monetary gain, I found another in-store markdown...

2004 Ch Beausejour Duffau @ $48 (reg $69)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Unfortunately I have to give up too! Big Grin I was told the story a couple of years ago, but now I can't remember the sordid details any more. However, it did have the usual wretched plot involving some kind of personal monetary gain by one of our politicians. Are you surprised? (naturally, what else would you expect?)

Thanks for that! No surprises here on lining someone's wallet a bit..... Big Grin

BTW, sorry to ask but I'm ssuming that the in-store discounts are in the DuPont Street Store?

Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
quote:
it did have the usual wretched plot involving some kind of personal monetary gain by one of our politicians

I'd be surprised if that was true, but I would not be surprised if it was put there for votes or some other political benefit. In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't....

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10619 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GPCi:
quote:
Originally posted by WineDaddy:

I second that question... in both Vintages.com and LCBO.com there is nothing showing these special prices.
I'm looking mainly for the 2004 Ch Grand Puy Lacoste @$48.
Any advice... Advanced thanks, Gaby.

They have 8 bottles at the First Canadian Place store, but they're all scanning at $65.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2371 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
it did have the usual wretched plot involving some kind of personal monetary gain by one of our politicians

I'd be surprised if that was true, but I would not be surprised if it was put there for votes or some other political benefit. In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't....

I'm with bman on this one.

Posts: 3973 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheEngineer:
quote:

Thanks for that! No surprises here on lining someone's wallet a bit..... Big Grin

BTW, sorry to ask but I'm ssuming that the in-store discounts are in the DuPont Street Store?

Thanks again.
Lately that's where I have been finding many of the most recent markdowns.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slan:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:

I'm with bman on this one.
Your belief in the honesty of our politicians is touching. Big Grin However, the story I was told did involve some money being made from either the sale or leasing of land/retail facilities. I can assure you there were no votes obtained by moving the store to the vicinity of Rexdale Blvd and the 401.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill@IA:
quote:

They appear to only have three left so back up soon Smile

It appears Dominus has arrived as well...there was a dozen or so case out in the back that I could see...no prices yet though.

A magnum of the 2003 Alion in the Queen's Quay store for $160 (or $180 I can't remember) OWC.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It appears Dominus has arrived as well...there was a dozen or so case out in the back that I could see...no prices yet though.

A magnum of the 2003 Alion in the Queen's Quay store for $160 (or $180 I can't remember) OWC.

Which store did you see this at?

Now....where's that Screwpull?

Posts: 1456 | Registered: Dec 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can assure you there were no votes obtained by moving the store to the vicinity of Rexdale Blvd and the 401.

Maybe not directly, but if someone made money or realized some other benefit because of it, I bet the politician responsible expected to see some downstream electoral gain: influence over other voters, campaign contributions, whatever.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10619 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maverickdrinker:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Which store did you see this at?

Both the Chante Alouette and the Dominus were at the DuPont street (spadina) store. The Dominus was stacked up in the back storage area ......enroute to the washroom in the back.

The 2003 Alion was at the Queen's Quay large stand alone store (not the one in the mall with Loblaws). It is standing in the rear just before you get into the newly constructed vintages area. There are a couple of Champagne and australian mags along side it.

posted Hide Post
Was at the Bayview store this afternoon and found the 2003 Charles Melton Shiraz. Charles Melton is a solid producer and their shiraz is very good QPR at $25. If you like Aussie shiraz, this is one is a definite try.

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Oct 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post