WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    LCBO Price Alert
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCBO Price Alert
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Nice score, looks like a store-level markdown. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board! Smile

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hare:
Picked up some Drouhin (Oregon) Arthur Chardonnay 2008 for $14 each at the Major Mac/Weston LCBO. Price seems too good to be true. Am I missing something?

That Chardonnay is included in the huge Vintages markdown. The LCBO site shows the price as $19.90, so I guess the store took off a few more bucks.

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got 2 bottles of 2007 Clarendon Hills Mourvedre Liandra marked down a further $3.00 to $34.50 in Huntsville. I think it was $53.00 initially.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2301 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes
on VSO this morning @ $66 per. Looks like they missed the 99 RP issued last month. This is now >$ 100 per on winesearcher (K&L).

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
on VSO this morning @ $66 per. Looks like they missed the 99 RP issued last month. This is now >$ 100 per on winesearcher (K&L).

Love the community spirit on these boards. Thanks for the tip. I just picked up three bottles. I am happy (even though my wife won't be).

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up 3 btls!

Posts: 132 | Registered: Jul 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up 4! What a steal!!

Victory loves preparation.

Posts: 239 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

------------------------------------------
thanks for the info,picked up 2 btls.

Posts: 94 | Location: Corunna Ontario | Registered: Oct 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
point whores Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2754 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:

Hey sailor. New in town?

posted Hide Post
Dear point whoring friends (probably half this thread!), Big Grin

Have you tasted the Bosquet des Papes Chante Le Merle Vieilles Vignes CdP in past vintages similar to 2010 -- like '04, '05, '06 or '08? I don't think I have, so am interested in your thoughts on structure, profile and alcohol perceptibility (it's probably 15% like every other one).

Posts: 748 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Mar 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Darcy, I was also worried about the RP comment on 15% abv but I noted in the actual LCBO listing for this product that they have it at 14%. LCBO does a lot of things poorly but if they do anything right it is fully testing product and reporting abv as per their tests. I'm not suggesting that this practice continue, but in this case it is useful to clarify what the real abv is for this product.

https://www.vintagesshoponline...?lang=en&item=734244

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:

Banana Banana Banana BOOYA Banana Banana Banana

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:

Love the community spirit on these boards. Thanks for the tip. I just picked up three bottles. I am happy (even though my wife won't be).

Vijay can sniff a bargain between the scratches on a penny.

If he ever leaves his current employer, expect him to show up on Auction Kings or the Shopping Channel. Banana

Posts: 748 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Mar 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too right, mate. I love me a good deal. Woot

posted Hide Post
well... so much for my self-imposed buying moratorium.... 3 bottles of the point whore juice.

at least it wont be awkward when i buy beaucastel next week.

on the plus side (i think) i lasted 3 days.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the alcohol percentage on that? VSO says 14% (which is usually) wrong, and RP says "at least 15%".

Posts: 1284 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure why you think they usually get the abv wrong, this is something they test every shipment. At any rate, we'll have to see what's labeled on the product when it is received.

PS:
http://forums.winespectator.co...6091161/m/1517005632

posted Hide Post
Who is gonna "take one for the team" and crack a bottle? I ordered some but don't let me stop anyone. Big Grin

I have a hard time believing any CdP is under 14.5% abv these days. I was in QQ last night, looking at all the CdPs they have, and most of the '08s (not as ripe as '07s or '09s) were in the 15-15.5% abv range. Smack Given that, and specifically here the high percentage of Grenache in the assemblage, I have a hard time believing the Bosquet des Papes VV will be under 15%.

So, again, who is cracking the first bottle? Wink

posted Hide Post
I suppose I'm officially a whore since I succumbed and bought the Bosquet.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5672 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure why you think they usually get the abv wrong, this is something they test every shipment. At any rate, we'll have to see what's labeled on the product when it is received.

PS:
http://forums.winespectator.co...6091161/m/1517005632

Maybe because I have gone to a store looking for a specific bottle I found online, only to get there and see the ABV on the bottle does not match what was posted online?! This has happened on several occasions. I understand they test it, but they sure as hell don't make the correct information available online.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
I suppose I'm officially a whore since I succumbed and bought the Bosquet.

don't worry Dok, we all did. Smack

Posts: 1610 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't cracked...yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
I haven't cracked...yet.

I'm not even a huge fan of CDP (yet) but I'm sooooo weak.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
must...not...buy...99 point...wine...

Posts: 2754 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post