WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Best Wine-By-The-Glass Restaurants/Winebars ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Wine-By-The-Glass Restaurants/Winebars ?
 Login/Join 
posted
If this is of interest to you, what's your favourite "by the glass" winebar.

By City:

- who, where, how much selection, what quality, what QPR?

- what's your top 5?

Its almost Friday! Time for a glass! Spit

Cheers

Jhcolman

I have enjoyed great health at a great age because everyday since I can remember I have consumed a bottle of wine except when I have not felt well. Then I have consumed two bottles. - Bishop of Seville

Posts: 874 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jul 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tough Question:

In New Orleans:
- Delachaise Wine Bar. Huge BTG selection, prices fairly reasonable given selection/bottle turnover. Fabulous goose-fat french fries.

- Bacchanal. Retail wine shop that has a big patio and upstairs room with food service. One of those amazing New Orleans loopholes that allows you to drink on premise for the off premise price. Selection/QPR is unbeatable, and live music in the courtyard is always a plus.

- Emeril's. A great list, reasonably priced, and you cannot beat the service. The bar is lively, and always a good crowd.

Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια
En Vino Veritas

Posts: 289 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: Dec 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post