WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Reputable auction/consignment houses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reputable auction/consignment houses
 Login/Join 
posted
With all that's being said today about who NOT to go through, What auction/consignment houses CAN be recommended? I'm interested in thinning my cellar. I'm willing to look at consignment, auction, outright cellar inventory sale of stock or other alternatives if any. No, just giving you guys my wine is NOT an option.

Posts: 152 | Location: Los Angeles area | Registered: Nov 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Acker

Posts: 582 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
Try Acker

LOL
I laugh, but their business hasn't seemed to suffer from their close association with Rudy K, so if you're selling they'll likely get the job done for you.

My short list for reputable would include Hart Davis Hart and Sotheby's.

Posts: 39 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Dec 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problems at all with Acker.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks PD2K, DBG, & Board-O

Posts: 152 | Location: Los Angeles area | Registered: Nov 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post