WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    LCBO Online auction
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCBO Online auction
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a quick look through. Lots of good and interesting wine, depending on what the hammer goes at. Only 328 lots listed on the preview PDF though.

Some do look familiar, from the fall auction, and repeats from the spring Online auction, but I guess a portion of recycled lots is to be expected. Many new looking lots as well.

Fox News and Microsoft Works - win (from list here) Winner

Posts: 1597 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks like 748 lots in total.

Posts: 2496 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
Sweet, I'm all over those lots of ####################################################################################################################################################################################################!

+1. I loved those ones too! All mixed bags of stuff.

In Canada? Really? Duties in?

Posts: 2016 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's the same 1990 Charlie gents. (not mine) FYI - low bid is almost 3 times what I paid Ack

Posts: 1460 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see all that SQN and Dead Arm making an appearance.

Do they lower the reserve price on stale goods?

Posts: 4978 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of new to the auction scene, does anyone mind explaining to me how it works?

For example, in Lot 21 there are three bottles of 1977 port. When I make a bid on one, would I be bidding on the entire lot, or just the individual bottle that I want?

Victory loves preparation.

Posts: 164 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ABryce:
I'm kind of new to the auction scene, does anyone mind explaining to me how it works?

For example, in Lot 21 there are three bottles of 1977 port. When I make a bid on one, would I be bidding on the entire lot, or just the individual bottle that I want?

You're bidding on the lot. Some lots are 1 bottle, some a case but it's always the lot you're bidding on.

In Canada? Really? Duties in?

Posts: 2016 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So in the example above, lets say a person were to bid 200 and win. The 200 would would be the price per bottle( and I'd multiply by each bottle in the lot), or would the price you bid be for the entire lot?

Posts: 164 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Nov 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ABryce:
So in the example above, lets say a person were to bid 200 and win. The 200 would would be the price per bottle( and I'd multiply by each bottle in the lot), or would the price you bid be for the entire lot?

The price that is stated is for the entire lot. Then add on the taxes (Buyers Premier 17% & HST 13%)

Posts: 237 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay thanks for the clarification guys.

posted Hide Post
Is there no search function?

Posts: 1942 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Jul 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
Is there no search function?

Do you honestly think the LCBO would have such revolutionary technology as the ability to search a list of wines by name??? Madness.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least they fixed the ################## problem!

Banana

Posts: 1236 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting that with 2 days left, nearly half the lots have not a single bid. Will there be a massive rush on Saturday afternoon, or this this auction headed for an epic fail?

Posts: 2496 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say mad rush on Saturday. Why would I post my bid now?

Posts: 47 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gsmfan:
I say mad rush on Saturday. Why would I post my bid now?

i agree.....i haven't bid at all...
Now....that is more to the fact that I have no money after losing my mind at the october auction and in the fall classics....
I am trying to hold off but if there are deals, I will be in

Posts: 1089 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most people bid in the last couple of hours. Why play your hand before you need to do so?

Posts: 42 | Location: Ontario,Canada | Registered: Dec 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everything happens in the last hour or so. When I got my lot of ports in the last online auction, started bidding in the last half hour. But in this auction, some lots are so overpriced I would not be surprised if they sit.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to fathom staying home on a Saturday evening just to buy more wine - or worse yet, going out and staying glued to your smartphone!

Y'all need a psycho!

Posts: 4978 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you projecting? Razz

Posts: 1460 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possibly! Big Grin

but I got some bids in early, and they've all been swept under...

posted Hide Post
Lot 49 is just a bunch of crappy spoiled grape juice. I know no one on these forums would even consider placing a bid.

Banana

posted Hide Post
Aaarg... It takes one business day for thm to approve your account Roll Eyes should have thought about that...

Posts: 47 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Hard to fathom staying home on a Saturday evening just to buy more wine - or worse yet, going out and staying glued to your smartphone!

Y'all need a psycho!

But I rather do that than standing in line on Saturday 9am in front of LCBO and hopefully get 1 bottle of the release. Bang

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2059 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw that the buyer must pay shipping costs. In your experience what can that amount to? Let's say for a case of 6.