WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    LCBO Online auction
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LCBO Online auction
 Login/Join 
posted
I understand that there is an online auction through LCBO Nov 26 - Dec 3? but i havent been able to find a list of the wines yet, does anyone have a link? I asume its through the waddingtons online portal, but when i login i am unable to find any information there

http://www.bythevines.com

Posts: 546 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure email notifications will be sent soon. I would guess by next week.

Posts: 260 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh...I'm in no rush to have my brain explode.

Posts: 1300 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
Meh...I'm in no rush to have my brain explode.

What? Not rushing to load up on overbid SQN? LOL

Posts: 1923 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wines to offered in the upcoming internet auction are the leftovers from last month's Vintages Auction. I have trouble getting interested in poring over a bunch of sloppy seconds.

Since these wines couldn't cover the reserve price, I wonder if they will have the same reserve this time around.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
major pass

Posts: 1137 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke to John Yoxall yesterday and he confirmed the dates with me, just an FYI its not all leftovers from the auction as suggested, they actually have over 700 lots and John told me there is some great wine available including tons of Champagne and great value wines

Posts: 546 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
John told me there is some great wine available including tons of Champagne and great value wines

Of course he said that. What would you have expected him to say? "LCBO and value" do not belong in the same sentence. It's a misnomer (oxymoron) just like jumbo shrimp, freezer burn and with the recent developments in the USA, military intelligence Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DoktaP,

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5753 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
John told me there is some great wine available including tons of Champagne and great value wines

Of course he said that. What would you have expected him to say? "LCBO and value" do not belong in the same sentence. It's a misnomer just like jumbo shrimp, freezer burn and with the recent developments in the USA, military intelligence Confused

well put Larry

posted Hide Post
Tx DC

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Of course he said that. What would you have expected him to say? "LCBO and value" do not belong in the same sentence. It's a misnomer (oxymoron) just like jumbo shrimp, freezer burn and with the recent developments in the USA, military intelligence Confused

you missed my favourites Dok:

"Fox News"
"Microsoft Works"

Big Grin

Posts: 1575 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
quote:

you missed my favourites Dok:

"Fox News"
"Microsoft Works"

Big Grin

French Military Victories

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2402 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good egg salad sandwich

Efficient government program

I'm not a miracle worker. I'm a janitor.

Posts: 362 | Location: Ontario - the new Greece | Registered: Nov 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stable Ventricular Tachycardia

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hare:

Makes my heart palpitate just thinking about it. Razz

Posts: 2833 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by hare:

Makes my heart palpitate just thinking about it. Razz

Actually came from an ER doc, which makes it doubly scary. Eek

Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Fox News"
"Microsoft Works"

Gotto add those to my repetoire. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
sounds like the basis for a whole new thread here Smile

Posts: 2279 | Location: Brights Grove Ontario | Registered: Jun 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All jokes aside i think there will be some decent deals at this online auction, most of the lots are new consignments consisting of lots that came in too late for the last live auction and lots from well know consignors that are in constant contact with LCBO, Yoxall is an honest guy and really doesnt have anything to gain from trying to make it sound better than it is, when was the last time you saw a government employee rewarded for a job well done?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigprovolone:
All jokes aside i think there will be some decent deals at this online auction, most of the lots are new consignments consisting of lots that came in too late for the last live auction and lots from well know consignors that are in constant contact with LCBO, Yoxall is an honest guy and really doesnt have anything to gain from trying to make it sound better than it is, when was the last time you saw a government employee rewarded for a job well done?

When did you quit real estate and start working for LCBO Big Grin .

Posts: 2279 | Location: Brights Grove Ontario | Registered: Jun 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigprovolone:

When did you quit real estate and start working for LCBO Big Grin .

Nope....i think he as a few wines up for sale though Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I wanna know what he's smoking?

posted Hide Post
I am not a consignor with the LCBO online auction this year actually, but i do believe that with 700+ lots and from what Yoxall told me its sounds like some very good wines to be had and hopefully at decent prices, i just got the most recent vintages catalogue and they have a bunch of stuff there that im actually interested in for a change so i will only buy if there are deals!

posted Hide Post
http://vintages.waddingtons.ca/

http://www.h2o2winecellardesign.com/

Posts: 2080 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet, I'm all over those lots of ####################################################################################################################################################################################################!

Posts: 1300 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post