WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Shafer Book "A Vineyard in Napa"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shafer Book "A Vineyard in Napa"
 Login/Join 
posted
Just finished this book tonight. The book came out last month. Its a very nice read and gives you the history of the vineyard/winery by Doug Shafer. I feel many people on here would enjoy it as well. Its an easy read 256 pages and each chapter on average is about 8 pages. It covers many topics such as their opsticles and the slow down of the wine industry during the slow economy we have had. Has anyone else read it yet?

Posts: 1645 | Location: New York | Registered: Apr 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TERPS, thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm headed to a tasting there in December, and bringing my father-in-law, who had never heard of Shafer, despite living in Napa for the past 40+ years. I think this book will be a nice primer for our visit, especially when he juxtaposes what the book says and what was his experience in Napa as the wine industry exploded (clearly he is not in the industry). Thanks again.

Posts: 181 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post