WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you Buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
December 2012: What are you Buying?
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Bollinger Special Cuvee - a lot of chatter about this wine on the forum convinced me to give it a try. $47.99 here


Jeez, the variance in the price of this wine is all over the place. At 48$ I would have this as my "house" champer. It is "fairly" valued at 60-65$ IMO.


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
A few days ago..

6 x 1998 Krug
6 x 1998 Philliponnat Clos Goisses
6 x 2002 Philliponnat Clos Goisses
12 x 2002 Ruinart BdB
6 x 2004 Pierre Peters


Marcb7, if you landed any of these at below winesearcher low prices, I'd be very interested in becoming acquainted with a new source. TIA!



I wouldnt say they were lower than winesearcher prices but they were the lowest that I could find and still get them delivered.


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2010 Albert Mann Riesling Furstentum.
 
Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
6x NV Krug.

All this talk that NV Krug is back from palates I respect on this forum ( and a great sale price) caused me to buy 6 today.
 
Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
6x NV Krug.

All this talk that NV Krug is back from palates I respect on this forum ( and a great sale price) caused me to buy 6 today.



I think it is a safe buy W+A, I have been rather impressed with recent bottlings as well. I pay 135$ im my market, Im sure you got it much cheaper.


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
6x NV Krug.

All this talk that NV Krug is back from palates I respect on this forum ( and a great sale price) caused me to buy 6 today.



I think it is a safe buy W+A, I have been rather impressed with recent bottlings as well. I pay 135$ im my market, Im sure you got it much cheaper.


Just today they were marked down to $99. When I received the phone call, I said hold 6, I will drop by today.
 
Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yup...I would have bought 6 as well. I think its worth 100$....hope they show well for you. Look forward to your impression.


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Yup...I would have bought 6 as well. I think its worth 100$....hope they show well for you. Look forward to your impression.


I will open one today or tomorrow. If the bottle shows well, I will buy 6 more before the sale ends on Monday.
 
Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Yup...I would have bought 6 as well. I think its worth 100$....hope they show well for you. Look forward to your impression.


I will open one today or tomorrow. If the bottle shows well, I will buy 6 more before the sale ends on Monday.


Let me know if "one" needs any more "decent" cigars....perhaps I see a trade on the horizon Cool


-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!
 
Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Yup...I would have bought 6 as well. I think its worth 100$....hope they show well for you. Look forward to your impression.


I will open one today or tomorrow. If the bottle shows well, I will buy 6 more before the sale ends on Monday.


Let me know if "one" needs any more "decent" cigars....perhaps I see a trade on the horizon Cool


Indeed!
 
Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Today my absolutely final wine purchases of 2012:

- H. Billiot Champagne Cuvee Julie X2
- H. Billiot Champagne Cuvee Laetitia X2
- 2007 Buty Rediviva of the Stones X2
- 1989 Chateau Beychevelle

That's it for me this year.



Unless, of course, I happen to see a bottle of wine discounted at least 5% in the next 56 hours.


___________________________

Cheers!
 
Posts: 8391 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
6 Eero Saarinen Executive armchairs to go with the oval tulip dining table.


What colour? Didn't go with tulip chairs to go with the table?


In a light grey leather with wood legs. You can write on them with a sharpie and it comes off. We opted for new vs auction but if you like the tulip chairs, there's tonnes of them that come up at auction. Wright and Rago are just a couple houses that have this era. There's actually some good items in the January Rago discovery auction at reasonable prices.
 
Posts: 1637 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
enough 3" rigid styro, 3/4" plywood, 2x4's and vapour barrier to build a new cellar... Big Grin


Where? And how big?
 
Posts: 1637 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
enough 3" rigid styro, 3/4" plywood, 2x4's and vapour barrier to build a new cellar... Big Grin


Where? And how big?


Up north, not racked yet but figure 1500. +/- a few hundred. We'll see when it gets done.
 
Posts: 1523 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
A case of Bila Haut and some new stems.


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 3087 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2010 oreno
 
Posts: 1523 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Merry Edwards Sauv Blanc


Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
 
Posts: 5701 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
A case of Bila Haut

Excellent QPR imho


Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
 
Posts: 5701 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2010 Saxum JBV, Terry Hoage and Paderewski.
 
Posts: 1047 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
- 2007 La Dame de Montrose (On sale for $25 at Bevmo. Shame there was only 1 bottle.)

- 2010 K Vintners Syrah Milbrandt Vineyard

- NV Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Brut (a lot of praise for this one here, so I thought that I'd give it a try)
 
Posts: 1519 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
6x NV Krug.

Just today they were marked down to $99. When I received the phone call, I said hold 6, I will drop by today.

An incredible price. Well worth it at that level, IMO. Well done!
 
Posts: 15478 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just picked up these:
2004 Ridge Monte Bello (at 80$)
2011 Droin Vaillons Chablis 1er cru
2010 Seghesio zinfandel
Nv Perrier Jouet

Dzitt



__________________________
www.facebook.com/dansmonverre
 
Posts: 855 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  
 

WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you Buying?

© Wine Spectator 2013