WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you Buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December 2012: What are you Buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
2010 Elena Walch beyond the clouds

One of my favourites along with Vintage Tunina.

I think i owe this to you, as i bought it on a tip on these threads, so...thanks!

If it was my suggestion, then good to know. Always happy to share.

Posts: 5063 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Elio Grasso Barolo Casa Mate

Posts: 777 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
2008 Elio Grasso Barolo Casa Mate

Very nice. Did you pick these up locally?

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2357 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Vieux Telegraphe Cdp.

Posts: 9358 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:

I did, through the distributor. Not cheap, but after getting dinged on Saturday trying to cross the border with wine from the US, I gave in and paid Ontario prices!

Posts: 777 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
Going to visit my inlaws on the south shore so I'm picking up afew more bottles of 2010 Vieux Donjon CDP(96 pts #16 and 50.75 tax/in).I tried it a few weeks ago(tasting macine) and it was excellent.

Was there any alcohol heat-burn? I am rather sensitive to high alcohol and I notice this one weighs in at about 15 per cent.

The 2010 Vieux Donjon was balanced with nice acidity smooth tannins and a long finish. This was not a thick high octane fruit bomb Wink

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 701 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6 x 2010 Domaine de Lancyre Roussanne Vin de Pays du Val Montferrand
6 x 2008 Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos

Posts: 1535 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllRed:
6 x 2010 Domaine de Lancyre Roussanne Vin de Pays du Val Montferrand
6 x 2008 Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos

Very nice.

Posts: 3523 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I did, through the distributor. Not cheap, but after getting dinged on Saturday trying to cross the border with wine from the US, I gave in and paid Ontario prices!

Who is the distributor in Ontario?

Posts: 2357 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2008 Lewelling Wight
3 X 2008 Lewelling St Helena

Posts: 479 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Jun 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2007 Bovier & Fils Chablis 1er Cru Cote de Lechet @ $10
4 x 2007 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett @ $16

VM

Posts: 12155 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Me:

4 x 2007 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett @ $16

VM

Wow!

I swear, if you could also sniff truffles in the woods, I would marry you.

Cheers!

Posts: 8288 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo
2007 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barolo Cicala
2009 Azienda Agricola Montevertine Le Pergole Torte Toscana IGT
2010 M. Chapoutier Côtes du Roussillon Domaine de Bila-Haut (Can't get enough of this, amazing QPR)
Alvear Pedro Ximénez Montilla-Moriles Solera 1927

Posts: 207 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the LWS to pick up some recent online purchases and added these:

2010 Vieux Telegraphe La Crau CdP

2010 Beaucastel CdP – VT and Beau are 2 CdP I buy in every good vintage.

2010 Charles Audoin Gevrey Chambertin – Have not tried this producer yet.

1995 Lopez De Heredia Bosconia Gran Reserva – Latest vintage finally hit the LWS. A no brainer must buy in every vintage for me.

Posts: 6381 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Groupe Soleil Fine Wines.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

@CSM --> I'd be curious to hear the price you get quoted by the agent. If it's not outrageous and you are interested in splitting, I'd probably like to get 3 bottles.

PS - I was seeing it available for ~60 Euros in Italy a couple of weeks ago.

Posts: 5063 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's under 55 Euros at my old go-to store in Germany... Frown

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's under 55 Euros at my old go-to store in Germany... Frown

Even better - Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

@CSM --> I'd be curious to hear the price you get quoted by the agent. If it's not outrageous and you are interested in splitting, I'd probably like to get 3 bottles.

I'll let you know when I hear back. Nothing on their website. On sale for $68 a bottle in Buffalo right now which is a crazy good price.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'll let you know when I hear back. Nothing on their website. On sale for $68 a bottle in Buffalo right now which is a crazy good price.

We should drive down and have a BYO lunch! Cool

posted Hide Post
12-2011 La Cartuja Best under $15 bottle of wine I have had in years
12-Baron de Magana
6-Dunham Trutina

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jul 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last week:
- Schrader allocation
I was busy at work so missed my Old Sparky option. So I picked up (for the same cost):
3 x 2010 Beaucastel and
3 x 2010 Charvin
I think that worked out rather well...

Posts: 39 | Location: Boston | Registered: Jan 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no experience buying any burgundy before today.
9 x 2009 red, various entry level
9 x 2010 various chablis (I think there was an 2011 or 2)
6 various half bottles for hotel rooms

Posts: 1028 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Knife sharpening equipment such as stones (400, 1000 and 4000grit) along with angle level, truing stone and other culinary tactical paraphenalia. One of my many (newer) mini-obsessions thanks to a certain friend. Next I'll be buying swords to remove corks from champagne (I told my wife I was just kidding..........maybe)

I've got a couple of swords and can/have opened champagne with one. My wife has never let me get a true champagne saber though... Frown

Thanks to BigP 2 x 1978 Dom Perignon

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2193 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x 1989 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Mountain
4 x 2001 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Mountain
2 x 2005 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Mountain
2 x 2009 Laurel Glen Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma Mountain

Posts: 1535 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post