WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Cellar Tracker New vs Classic
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cellar Tracker New vs Classic
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just added a bunch of wine to my cellar. I did most of it with the new interface. The old interface is just so much more efficient.

For the new one, why can't I just click on the vintage of the wine and be taken to the add screen, rather than select a vintage with a checkbox and then click for the next step?

And when I do add the wine, I have to scroll down to save, seems like that could be more efficiently placed higher so no scrolling is involved.

In the old version, with the efficiency of space on the screen it's just a lot quicker to enter stuff.

FWIW, I use an MBP 15" for everything.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3362 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aphilla, check your email please.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13319 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After using the new version for a couple of days, i found that aesthetically it looks better with the side panel showing, but functionality is much better if the side panel is hidden. Makes it look and work closer to the older version. 2 Cents

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Merengue,

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1479 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric LeVine:
I wish I could answer more substantively, but the Wine Spectator has now respectfully asked that I no longer engage in any way in any thread on CellarTracker other than to ask you to contact me via my own website or forum. Sorry folks.

That makes absolutely no sense! You are actually drawing people to WS, or at a minimum you are keeping them here. Given their logic, all talk about sports should be driven to ESPN or some other sports website. That is insane, pisses me off, frankly.

So, just to annoy those WS boneheads, I'm wondering if you have considered moving the "quantity" column back where it is in the Classic version. It's useful to be able to scroll down and see how many bottles I have of each wine. On smartphones, etc. the screen size does not allow one to see each wine and quantity. So, if the quantity column were to the left of the wine name, it would be more convenient. Other than that, I'm one happy camper (although unhappy with WS's idiotic paranoia).

"But, if ye wish her grateful prayer,
Gie her a haggis!" -Robert Burns

Posts: 1638 | Location: Traded Paradise for the frozen Finger Lakes | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
quote:
I wish I could answer more substantively, but the Wine Spectator has now respectfully asked that I no longer engage in any way in any thread on CellarTracker other than to ask you to contact me via my own website or forum. Sorry folks.

That makes absolutely no sense! You are actually drawing people to WS, or at a minimum you are keeping them here. Given their logic, all talk about sports should be driven to ESPN or some other sports website. That is insane, pisses me off, frankly.

Maybe they just hired Mark Squires..?

Posts: 1748 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
So, just to annoy those WS boneheads, I'm wondering if you have considered moving the "quantity" column back where it is in the Classic version.

haggis - you'll have to make that inquiry directly within CellarTracker's framework as Mark is not permitted to participate in CT related threads anymore.

PH

Posts: 14657 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wine Spectator has now respectfully asked that I no longer engage in any way in any thread on CellarTracker other than to ask you to contact me via my own website or forum. Sorry folks.

Frown So....very....uncool

Posts: 15142 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have always been a gentleman, Eric, and I trust you will respect their wishes.

Posts: 29646 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Wine Spectator has now respectfully asked that I no longer engage in any way in any thread on CellarTracker other than to ask you to contact me via my own website or forum. Sorry folks.

Frown So....very....uncool
Agree. Way uncool.

Posts: 6255 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really prefer the old classic version because of its simplicity AND you could get to everything from the one main page...all the links were right there and there was no clutter. I'll keep with the classic mode because it does everything I want it to and more.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Mar 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also prefer the classic version. Does anyone know how to only log in 2 bottles out of a pending 4 bottle purchase? Thanks

Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Wino:
I also prefer the classic version. Does anyone know how to only log in 2 bottles out of a pending 4 bottle purchase? Thanks

Personally, I don't use that "Pending delivery" feature anymore. I use a storage location called "Pending".

Posts: 2882 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Austin Wino, and others, I really wish you would get in touch with me directly.

Posts: 731 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: Oct 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clearly I was wrong. Frown

Posts: 29646 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Seems like Eric is doing what WS asked him to do. What were you wrong about?

Posts: 6255 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Seems like Eric is doing what WS asked him to do. What were you wrong about?

It appears that w+a missed THIS POST.....

PH

Posts: 14657 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still don't get it.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13319 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using the new site since early beta, and while at first I wasn't a fan (mainly due to the Grape Stories change) I've long since used it almost exclusively when accessing by computer. For mobile, I still use the classic, as it just seems to run cleaner. The last feature I used the classic for on a regular basis was label printing, but Eric has since resolved that and the new site's functionality for that is great.

So even though you can't respond here, Kudos on the new site Eric!

Jim
That's, RedLoverJim to you

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still can't get over the new font colour - it's too soft for my eyes to process and feel like I actually have to work to focus in on it.

Posts: 1657 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still can't stand the new site. Is there any way to have the classic mode as my default setting?

Posts: 1257 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
Still can't stand the new site. Is there any way to have the classic mode as my default setting?

Bookmark the classic site?

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3362 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to get the new site to work for me but I'm still digging the classic site. Its more simple looking but in my opinion way easier to read and navigate. I like no-frills

Posts: 278 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jesseix:
I've been trying to get the new site to work for me but I'm still digging the classic site. Its more simple looking but in my opinion way easier to read and navigate. I like no-frills

I've been doing the same, but will hop over to the classic site once in awhile. I don't find the new site to be awful, just that it takes an extra click or two to do certain things.

Posts: 2822 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post