WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Vintages February 16 2013 Release
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintages February 16 2013 Release
 Login/Join 
posted
This release continues the agonizingly slow upward drift in the quality of wines offered by the LCBO in the new year. One wine that I enjoyed (a lot) last summer at the winery is the 2007 Antinori Badia A Passignano Chianti Classico Riserva. It was lush, savoury, fresh-tasting and rich in brambly dark fruit flavour. Give it a try at one of the LCBO tasting bars.

Posts: 5180 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good wine. I have the '06. Not the current release, but whenever I run out of the case, I get the next release. Reasonably priced as well...

Posts: 142 | Registered: Aug 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where can I see the list?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Feb 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best place to see the list on vintageassessments.com

Here is the Feb 16 list

Posts: 5180 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flipbook

Is the 2010 Delas Crozes Hermitage a re-release, or is this a new one?

2007 Gemma Colarej Barolo could be interesting. Their Gemma Giblin Barolo has been good for the money.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a nice experience with the 2006 Poliziano VNdM so I'll be getting a few of the 2009s.

Just saw that a store in Calgary is selling it for $36. Let's hear it for free market! LOL Crazy

https://www.kensingtonwinemark...s.php%3Fquery%3Dtrue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vijay,

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the free market, where every seller can charge whatever buyers are willing to pay. I know the Kensington Wine Market well. They're perfectly situated to take advantage of the disposable income that flows so freely in Cowtown these days. I don't blame them - I would probably do the same. I used to make it a point to stop in on every trip to Calgary but as I watched their prices creep, they dropped off my list.

Posts: 2908 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the poliziano last night and really liked it. On par Witt the finest retro and better than a lot of $40 brunellos. Will be getting more.

Was pleasantly surprised to see some 2010 plan Pegau in general list - no idea how long it's been there. Easily one of the top 2010 cdr's I've had. Thinking this might be a case buy.

Posts: 1631 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was pleasantly surprised to see some 2010 plan Pegau in general list - no idea how

Thanks for the tip, not a bad price. Looks like it just rolled out as there are full case counts at most stores.

Posts: 1661 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying a Pegau CdR now... it's just okay - promising on the nose but that's where it ends. I'll probably swap them for the Galevan Paroles de Femme CdR which is $13.50 which I've been enjoying a fair bit.

posted Hide Post
Those gale an were next to the Pegau - ill try one next week. Need a case of cdr.... Ran out recently.

Posts: 1631 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I slammed it in the fridge for a bit and it's been improving a bit in the past hour. They're probably on par.

posted Hide Post
Anybody try the 2009 Teyssier?

TIA

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nevermind, LCBO published the wrong review for this wine or the wrong wine for the review. Roll Eyes

Thought it was something else unitl I looked a little closer at the label.

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
I slammed it in the fridge for a bit and it's been improving a bit in the past hour. They're probably on par.

Any final conclusion?

posted Hide Post
I still prefer the Galevan but it's just down to preference at this point. They're both pretty decent for the price.

posted Hide Post
i had them side by side tonight. i prefer the meatier pegau, my better half prefers the more elegant galevan. as vijay noted, good for the price.

the easy part was deciding 6 of each.