WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    December 2012: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December 2012: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2006 Adobe Road Cabernet Sauvignon Bavarian Lion Vineyard

Pretty potent stuff at 15.6%, but pretty nice as well. I really should dig deeper into Knights Valley.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1998 Guado al Tasso Bolgheri

Posts: 1558 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Sandhi Sanford & Benedict Pinot

Posts: 3608 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last couple of nights:

- 2008 Belle Glos Pinot Noir Clark & Telephone -- I think this might still be on the upswing, dark and young looking, a bit more cola flavour than I remember but big fruit, long finish, delicious

- 2010 Beaurenard Chateauneuf Boisrenard -- I have a bunch of these so I wanted to try a bottle; slightly shy nose but lots of big berry fruit in the mouth, extremely long finish with a lot of tannin on the end, very powerful and tasty, should be a good ager, worth seeking out

- 2009 Delas Crozes-Hermitage Les Launes -- a real bargain, dark berry and chocolate, medium weight but quite intense, long finish

Cheers!

Posts: 8296 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Tensley Thompson Vyd Syrah -- Too acidic and showed some heat. Not very good. Hoping it was an off bottle (as I have two more), but I think I mighted have waited too long to drink or it just wasn't very good to begin with.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2660 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben ErdenerTreppchen Riesling Spatlese.

Posts: 9376 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
over the last few nights...

'05 Robert Biale Black Chicken Zin
'05 Burrowing Owl Meritage
'02 Muga
'85 Ch. la Riviere (mag)
'83 Ch. Suduiraut
'07 Ghizzano Veneroso
'07 Cabreo il Borgo
'75 Taylor's

Posts: 1446 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 alter ego de Palmer - just beautiful!

Posts: 984 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 KB RRV

Posts: 1027 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Played hooky from the office this afternoon for my final offline of the year with VinCentric, VOR and PI. The venue was Le Select, and we had several shared plates which let us extend the range of food flavours to complement different wines:

1999 Marquis D’Angerville Volnay 1er
1998 Ch Leoville Barton
1998 Vieux Vieux Telegraphe La Crau
2003 Quinta do Vale Meao

Later at the FWR, we had a surpringly good wine from the Okanagan:

2009(?) Blasted Church Cabernet Merlot

Posts: 5075 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
Played hooky from the office this afternoon for my final offline of the year with VinCentric, VOR and PI. The venue was Le Select, and we had several shared plates which let us extend the range of food flavours to complement different wines:

1999 Marquis D’Angerville Volnay 1er
1998 Ch Leoville Barton
1998 Vieux Vieux Telegraphe La Crau
2003 Quinta do Vale Meao

Later at the FWR, we had a surpringly good wine from the Okanagan:

2009(?) Blasted Church Cabernet Merlot

Great afternoon - thanks to all involved. 1998 Vieux Tele WOTA witn 98 Barton close second. The Quinta do Vale Meao was new to me - big, rich, and hot. The heat dissipated and it was delicious with the cheese plate. The Volnay had faded - on its way down - good but not great on its own, but was better with salmon gravlox.

1997 Coutet for late dessert w some blue brie.

Posts: 1791 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 la Crema Chardonnay Sonoma Coast

My local supermarket has a bunch of Chards in this range on major sale, so I thought I would make a run through them!

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3032 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed with Board-0 and his lovely wife.

2002 Chave Hermitage Blanc
2009 chapoutier de L'Oree blanc
1989 Leoville Las Cases
A red burgundy that I think was a 2003 Gevery Chambertin but I'll let Board-0 confirm.

Posts: 4448 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 Bouchard Montrachet
1996 Domaine Remy Latricieres Chambertin Grand Cru

Posts: 29992 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
Enjoyed with Board-0 and his lovely wife.

2002 Chave Hermitage Blanc
2009 chapoutier de L'Oree blanc
1989 Leoville Las Cases
A red burgundy that I think was a 2003 Gevery Chambertin but I'll let Board-0 confirm.

The red was a 2003 Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Les Champeaux from Rene Lelcerc that we brought back from the winery last year.

The 2002 Chave Hermitage Blanc was blah witgh not much to offer

The Chapoutier de l'Oree was outsanding and opened continuously throughout dinner.

I loved the Burgundy which also continued to improve throughout dinner. Truly an outstanding wine.

The 1989 Leoville Las Cases is a great wine now that is sure to improve even more. Great dinner with some very fine friends.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over last couple of nights:

05 Pina Howell Mountain Cab
07 St. Supery Cab
09 Mi Sueno El LLano
10 Stefania Nuevo Casa de Los Padres

Posts: 3105 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:

Snipes, how was that Stefania? I have three.

Posts: 5359 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:

Snipes, how was that Stefania? I have three.

I've gone through three. Smile Nice early drinking wine that doesn't need much air, though each bottle has thrown a bunch of sediment. You wouldn't be wasting it to open one now.

Posts: 3105 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV Cave Spring Blanc de Blancs Brut - Surprisingly champagne like nose. Palate is a touch sour and short.

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 671 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Pol Roger Sir Winston

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2722 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1982 Haut Brion to celebrate wife birthday.
Truly amazing wine.
WOW. Winner

Posts: 1027 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Radio Coteau Savoy
2008 Shane The Judge Syrah

Both excellent

Posts: 5858 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With bman, Impulse, Uncle John, Robo Porker, vinaigre and lovelandre (and the ladies) at Le Smoking Vallee last evening. A great night to spend with everyone over this Holiday.

1989 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne Trilennium Reserve Cuvée
2008 Guigal Condrieu La Dorianne
2005 Clos Apalta
2001 Pio Cesare barolo
2007 Jonata La Sangre de Jonata
2008 Achaval-Ferrer Finca Bella Vista
2005 Don Melchor
2005 Cuvee des cadettes, Chateau la Nerthe
2005 Peter Michael Les Pavots
2005 Vega Sicilia Alion
1977 Taylor Fladgate VP

All wines showed very well.

Posts: 15359 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Casanova di Neri Brunello di Montalcino
(And no, my account wasn't hacked lol)

"I'm going back to gator country where the wine and the women are free" - Molly Hatchet

Posts: 3188 | Location: Valrico, Florida | Registered: Jan 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Saint-Joseph, Francois de Tournon (Delas)- excellent with 4 hour splash decant. Needs plenty of time.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post